Pitchero ad

Trio Of Tuesday Night Emirates FA Cup Upsets

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There were a trio of upsets in Tuesday night`s Emirates FA Cup First Qualifying Round replays.

South West Peninsula League side Tavistock created one of the shocks of the round as they won 2-1 away at Evo-Stik League South West Taunton Town, who have a 100% record in the league to date.

Josh Grant stunned the Peacocks by scoring from the penalty spot in the very first minute and Luke Brown made it 2-0 in the 24th minute.

Ross Staley pulled a goal back 3 minutes later and both sides hit the woodwork – Ben Cross for Tavistock and Owen Irish for Taunton.

But it will be Tavistock who are at home to Frome Town in the Second Qualifying Round on Saturday, September 16th.

And a 58th minute Sam Argent penalty earned Evo-Stik League South East newcomers Hartley Wintney victory over Evo-Stik League South Premier neighbours Basingstoke Town in front of a crowd of 620.

And Hallmark Security League side 1874 Northwich ousted Evo-Stik League North visitors Mossley AFC from the cup.

Scott McGowan was the home side`s hero with a brace in the 10th and 37th minutes.

Three replays needed extra-time to decide the winners.

Southern Counties East League side Tunbridge Wells are through after winning 3-0 after overtime at home to Southern Combination Leaguers Haywards Heath Town.

Keelan Mooney finally broke the deadlock to give Wells the lead 3 minutes into extra-time, and then Bayley Colbran after 112 and Steve Ikpeme right on the final whistle completed the scoring.

Evo-stik League South East side Hayes & Yeading United edged out Bostik League North visitors Maldon & Tiptree after extra-time.

The Jammers trailed 3-1 at the half-time interval to goals from Josh Chamberlain, Rowan Vine and Ismail Ehui – Suliaman Bah for the visitors.

A spirited second half comeback with goals by Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe and a 92nd minute equaliser from George Keys sent the replay in to extra-time with the game tied at 3-3.

But Harley Wise won it for the home side in the 110th minute.

They now face FC Romania of the Essex Senior League in the Second Qualifying Round.

It also took an extra 30 minutes to separate Bostik League Premier sides Wingate & Finchley and Hendon.

It was 2-2 after 90 minutes following goals from Spencer McCall and Rob Laney for the hosts and a Niko Muir brace for the Greens.

Ahmet Rifat restored Wingate`s lead 5 minutes into extra-time and McCall made sure with his second right on the 120-minute mark.

Another all-Bostik Premier replay saw hosts Harlow Town triumph 2-1 at the Arena against Thurrock, whose Lewwis Spence gave them a 15th minute lead.

Reece Dobson equalised 3 minutes later and a Nigel Nieta effort after 63 minutes sealed the Hawks` passage.

Bostik South side Chipstead put poor league form behind them to oust Southern Combination visitors Littlehampton Town from the cup 4-0, thanks to a Sam Bell hat-trick in the 7th, 29th and 56th minutes – Chris O`Flaherty rounding things off with a fourth sandwiched between in the 27th minute.

Chipstead`s league rivals Ramsgate are also through, beating Evo-Stik League South East side Egham Town 4-2 at the Runnymede Stadium.

Louis Stead gave the Sarnies an early 2nd minute lead that George Crimmen cancelled out 7 minutes later.

Then Alfie Paxman went on to complete a hat-trick in the 18th, 80th and 87th minutes, rendering Michael Wiseman`s stoppage time reply as just a consolation.

AFC Sudbury won 4-2 at Bostik North rivals Mildenhall Town to go through.

Dave Cowley gave the visitors a 12th minute lead that Tevan Allen doubled 4 minutes later.

Danny Crow reduced the deficit 4 minutes after that, but Adam Mills on 52 and 74 minutes killed off Hall, despite a 67th minute Shaun Avis reply.

John Johnston was Altrincham’s stand-out attacking player and he netted both goals in the Evo-Stik League Premier side`s replay win over Hallmark Security Leaguers Abbey Hey.

His first came from just outside the box in the 24th minute and his second was another low shot from outside the box, which made it 2-0 in the 65th minute.

But, 9 minutes later, Abbey Hey got back into the game when a Sam Freakes shot hit a defender and looped towards the goalmouth where Ashford Blake scored from close range.

Evo-Stik League Premier side Biggleswade Town were seemingly coasting to a replay win at home to Evo-Stik South West visitors` North Leigh as they led 3-0 with goals from Jack Bowen, Lucas Perry and Craig Daniels.

But the Oxfordshire side made the Waders sweat by pulling two back.

Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division side Liversedge were unable to overcome Ebac Northern Leaguers Sunderland RCA at home, bowing out 4-0 to goals from Nathan O`Neill with a brace, Greg Swansbury and Dylan Elliott.


About Author

Comments are closed.