Pitchero ad

Midweek Cup Round-Up……

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

With the weather picking up this week, clubs were able to get some of their various cup competitions played.

The Evo-Stik Northern Premier League`s Integro Cup saw a delayed second round tie between Evo-Stik North rivals Athertn Collieries and Bamber Bridge have to go to penalties to decide the outcome following a 2-2 draw in normal time.

Brig led with a 45th minute Ali Waddecar effort which Iain Howard cancelled out in the 69th minute.

The teams then swapped stoppage time goals with Marcus Cusani for Colls and Jamie Milligan for the visitors, meaning spot-kicks which Collieries triumphed 4-2.

Two all-Premier third round ties also took place, with the game between Lancaster City and Workington AFC also go to penalties after a goalless 90 minutes at the Giant Axe.

The Reds went through 5-4 on spot-kicks.

At Marston Road, Stafford Rangers went down to a best-of-five defeat to Coalville Town.

But Rangers threw away a 2-0 lead, courtesy of Rob Thompson-Brown after 12 minutes and Kyle Perry on 37 minutes, with Tom McGlinchey reducing the deficit just before the break.

Then Dan Creaney after 52 minutes pulled the Ravens level and the returning Jake Woolley grabbed an 89th minute winner.

Staying with teams in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier, two more Premier rivals, Sutton Coldfield Town and Rushall Olympic, met in the semi-final of the Walsall Senior Cup and the Pics triumphed in emphatic fashion at Coles Lane.

The tie was effectively done and dusted by half-time with the Pics leading 5-0 after a brace from veteran forward Richard Brodie and singles for Josh Hawker and Danny Waldron.

Danny O`Callaghan pulled one back for the Royals 8 minuets after the break, but Lewis Archer made it 6-1 with 11 minutes to go – Harvey Howell netting a second for the hosts 5 minutes later.

On the same night, Evo-Stik South side Loughborough Dynamo earned local bragging rights after winning 4-1 at the Dovecote against Total Motion Midland League Premier Division hosts Shepshed Dynamo in the semi-final of the Leicestershire Challenge Cup.

After a goalless first half, former Loughborough captain Jake Betts gave Shepshed a 53rd minute lead, but Paolo Piliero equalised 6 minutes later.

The match was still level going into the closing stages, but Alistair Smith gave Loughborough an 82nd minute lead.

Loughborough secured the win with two late goals, first from Tolani Omotola and then a second for Smith, sealing an outstanding display from the teenage midfielder.

Waiting in the final is Coalville Town, managed by former Loughborough Dynamo manager Tom Brookbanks.

Loughborough`s league rivals Market Drayton Town proved no match for Vanarama National League North side AFC Telford United at the Greenfields Sports Ground in the semi-final of the Shropshire Senior Cup.

It was 0-0 at half-time, but the Bucks ran away with it in the second period, with hat-tricks for Jordan Murphy and Marcus Dinanga.

There was a bit of a surprise in the semi-final of the Nottinghamshire Senior Cup as East Midlands Counties League side Dunkirk beat Evo-Stik South outfit Carlton Town 2-1.

Lewis Wilcox broke the deadlock to give the home side the lead 3 minutes into the second half.

But the lead lasted barely 4 minutes as Aaron Hooton equalised.

Oliver Clarke restored Dunkirk`s lead in the 67th minute, and they held on, despite in stoppage time, Riece Bertram being yellow carded for a tackle on the touchline then receiving a second yellow for dissent and was sent-off.

Further south, the only game in the Evo-Stik Southern League`s BigFreeBet.Com Challenge Cup saw Didcot Town win an all-South West encounter at the Loop Meadow against Larkhall Athletic on penalties.

The game ended 0-0 after normal time, but the Railwaymen went through 4-2 on spot-kicks.

The much-delayed all-Bostik League South Surrey County Cup quarter-final was won by visiting South Park at Chipstead, courtesy of a disputed first half free-kick.

An all-Bostik North Norfolk County Cup semi-final between Dereham Town and Norwich United went comprehensively the way of the visiting Planters.

Adam Hipperson enjoyed himself with a hat-trick in the 25th, 81st and then 90th minutes, with an own goal deep into stoppage time making it 4-0 for the visitors.

Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) Premier side Blackfield & Langley pulled off something of a shock by winning 1-0 at Evo-Stik League South West hosts Winchester City in the semi-final of the Hampshire Senior Cup.

Joe Butcher grabbed the only goal at the Simplyhealth City Ground in the 24th minute.

And they will now play National League South side Havant & Waterlooville in the final at Southampton`s St Mary`s after the Hawks beat AFC Bournemouth`s under-21s 2-0 at Westleigh Park.

Lee Molyneaux and former Cherries striker James Hayter were the Hawks` marksmen.

Havant`s struggling league rivals Poole Town can now concentrate on National League South survival after bowing out of the Dorset Senior Cup at the semi-final stage to Evo-Stik League South West side Wimborne Town at Tatnam.

Ollie Balmer’s opener for the hosts was cancelled out by a stunning equaliser from Luke Holmes.

And the Magpies held on, despite having former Poole forward Luke Burbidge dismissed for a second yellow card for a comment directed towards an official.

The resulting penalty shoot-out saw Wimborne triumph 4-2.

Better luck for Evo-Stik South East new boys Hartley Wintney as they progressed to the semi-finals of the Aldershot Senior Cup after a 3-0 win at Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Leaguers Knaphill.

The visitors took just 7 minutes to take the lead from a Paul Hodges and this is how it stayed to half-time.

After the interval, Hodges netted his second of the game and Dean Stow added a third before the end.

And in the Devon St Luke`s Bowl semi-final, Evo-Stik South West side Bideford AFC just edged out Toolstation Western League Premier Division outfit Willand Rovers.

The Robins went into half-time 2-1 down, with Kevin Squire’s 25-yard volley to show for their efforts.

But they bounced back after the break to qualify for the final, courtesy of goals from Josh Key and Ian Sampson.


About Author

Comments are closed.