Pitchero ad

Southern Counties East League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Sevenoaks Town moved three points clear at the top of the Southern Counties East League Premier Division table after handing Bearsted a 5-0 beating on Saturday.

Byron Walker opened the scoring in the 19th minute before Jason Thompson, Frankie Sawyer, Kenny Pogue and Mark Jones all added second-half goals to seal a convincing win.

Beckenham Town moved back into second place with a 4-2 victory over Chatham Town at Eden Park Avenue.

Richard Atkins hit the first from the penalty spot before Shameek Farrell double the lead before half-time.

The Chats’ pulled one back in the 50th minute through Freddie Parker before Atkins got his second of the game just before the hour-mark to make it 3-1.

It was game on again in the 73rd minute when Parker also grabbed a brace but any hopes that Chatham had soon faded out when Marvin Alebiosu wrapped up victory for the hosts 10 minutes from time.

The game of the day may well have been the one between Corinthian and AFC Croydon Athletic.

The visitors raced into a 2-0 lead with early goals from Joe Tom Nyama and Luis Medina before Corinthian pulled one back before half-time with Oscar Housego finding the net.

The hosts then equalised through Michael Hurcomb before Jardel Bundu-Kamara headed them into a 3-2 lead in the 69th minute.

AFC Croydon were not done yet though and Luis Medina got his second to set up a frantic finish in which he grabbed his hat-trick goal and more importantly the winning goal for his side in the 85th minute.
It was a super victory for Glebe as they went to Croydon and returned with the three points in a 1-0 victory.

Peter Sweeney got the only goal of the game on the half-hour mark when his free-kick flew straight in leaving the home keeper rooted to the spot.

Lordswood moved into fifth place with a deserved 3-0 win at Erith Town.

Peter Huggens opened the scoring in the 35th minute when he reacted quickest and fired home following an excellent save by Adam Molloy.

It stayed 1-0 until the 79th minute when a Jordan Wells curler found the corner of the net.

Lordswood wrapped it up in the final minute through a deflected James Huggins effort enabling the visitors to continue their impressive form and return to Chatham with all three points.

Hollands & Blair claimed their second win of the Season when running out 3-0 winners against Tunbridge Wells at Star Meadow.

Jack Simon got them off to a perfect start with an 8th minute opener before Justin Ascheri doubled the lead in the 33rd minute.

Blair then went on to seal the game on the hour-mark when Ascheri scored once more moving the hosts that bit closer to Rochester United in ninteenth place.

Tunbridge Wells can now switch their focus to a Challenge Cup quarter-final date with Cray Valley on Tuesday.

Sheppey United and Whitstable Town will meet in the Kent Reliance Senior Trophy Final on the 8th April in Maidstone after winning through tough semi-final matches this weekend.

A first half hat-trick from Sheppey United star forward Dan Bradshaw was enough for them to see off Canterbury City at The Charles Sports Ground, who did get a late consolation goal through Sam Lawford but could never recover from that strong start by their visitors.

Over at The Belmont an own goal by Cray Valley PM defender Ashley Sains was enough for Whitstable to progress to the final and set up that clash with Sheppey.

The Millers had Jamie Day playing in his last game for them before joining Vanarama National League side Barrow AFC but even he could not inspire the visitors to recover from going behind in the 17th minute.

Whitstable return to cup action on Tuesday when they host Deal Town in the quarter-finals of the Challenge Cup as they aim to head towards silverware on multiple fronts.


About Author

Comments are closed.