Pitchero ad

Southern Counties East League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Glebe left it late but claimed yet another cracking away win when beating Canterbury City 2-1 at The Charles Sports Ground in the Southern Counties East League Premier Division on Saturday.

The Chislehurst outfit have beaten Croydon, Lordswood and now Canterbury in successive games on the road to enter the top half of the table.

They didn’t have it all their own way though and indeed it was the hosts that took the lead when on 47 minutes Pat Nzuzi broke the deadlock from outside the box.

The visitors quickly levelled things through Fred Obasa before Laurent Hamici scored in the final few minutes to steal the points.

Crowborough Athletic moved in to second position when coming from behind to claim a 3-1 away victory at Chatham Town.

With no goals in the first half it took Chatham’s Russell Bedford to open the scoring on the hour mark following a free-kick.

It was the wake-up call that Crowborough needed as soon after a quickfire Sam Carrington double gave them the lead before Zac Attwood volleyed home in the last minute to settle the game.

Tunbridge Wells stunned Whitstable Town by taking an early lead at The Belmont Ground when with just 6 minutes on the clock Jack Harris scored to put the hosts unbeaten 2018 in danger.

It got worse for them soon after when Charlie Smith got given a red card to reduce Whitstable to ten-men. But Scott Porter’s side are made of stern stuff and Ricky Freeman levelled the game before half-time to give them some hope of maintaining that impressive record.

The visitors could not take advantage of having the extra man throughout the second period and with no further goal action the score remained 1-1.

Croydon claimed fifth place with an impressive 3-0 win at home to Lordswood.

Daniel Hector got the first in the 11th minute with Lauris Chin doubling the lead with 20 minutes left on the clock.

In the final few seconds Hector got his second and The Trams third to wrap things up.

Bearsted won for the first time in 2018 when handing Sheppey United a 2-0 defeat at the Havill Stadium.

The Bears’ captain Rob Lyall scored the first goal in the 23rd minute with Peter WIlliams sealing the game in the final seconds to hand the visitors that long-awaited victory.


About Author

Comments are closed.