Pitchero ad

Southern Counties East League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Beckenham Town won for the first time in four games to strengthen their grip on a top four finish.

Richard Atkins added to his already impressive season long tally by getting two more, with Junior Kaffo getting the other for the hosts in the first half.

Bearsted scored the first and last goals of the five through Con Scarlat and Reece Collins but it was not enough for them to take anything away from Eden Park Avenue.

Sevenoaks Town remain ten points clear after this comfortable win at the CJ Doors stadium against Chatham Town.

Kenny Pogue opened the scoring on 15 minutes before Corey Holder doubled that lead shortly after.

The visitors fifth win in a row was made safe in the final few minutes when Pogue hit the net again leaving Sevenoaks with plenty of breathing room at the top.

Cray Valley PM 2-1 Hollands & Blair – A Kevin Lisbie winner on the hour-mark gave Cray Valley PM their third win in a week, this time against Hollands & Blair, to move them up to a season-high position of sixth place.

Earlier in the game Justin Ascheri had given the visitors the lead before an own goal made it all square at the break.

Before this game Blair had won four in a row but with defeat still have work to do to ensure their own safety.

Deal Town and Tunbridge Wells shared a 1-1 draw in which Jack Harris scored after 5 minutes to give Wells the lead but after a 48th minute Alfie Foster penalty levelled things the points were shared.

The Hoops needed the win as it is so tight in the race for fifth place and now Deal have a battle on their hands over the last five games to get anywhere near that.

Erith Town led after 20 minutes but collapsed in the second half to fall to their fifth defeat in a row against Corinthian.

Mayowa Olufeko opened the scoring but found that goal soon equalled by Sam Bewick on the half-hour mark.

Corinthian then scored four times after the break through Malik Ouani, Michael Hurcomb, Cameron Heffernan and Charlie Clover to win for the first time since the reverse fixture last month.

Crowborough Athletic left it late against Glebe but Sam Cole’s last-minute winner at Foxbury means they are still in the hunt for that all important top two finish.

After two defeats midweek is was vital for them to get maximum points and just as it looked like that would be denied to them Cole popped up with the winner.

Glebe will feel harshly treated by the result as they were so close to a point but now must go back to the drawing board and find out how to bring their impressive away form back to their Chislehurst base.

It was a game of two halves as Lordswood came from 3-0 down at half-time to steal a point at the death against Croydon in a match between two sides hoping to break into the top four in the table.

Aiden Brown hit two after Ashley-Paul Robinson opened the scoring from the spot to give the visitors a three-goal lead at the break.

Then the fightback came and Tom Wooldridge and Jack Mahon closed the gap before George Blake levelled it late to ensure the points were shared and neither side could move any closer to Beckenham above them.

A goal in each half for Canterbury City extended their unbeaten run to four games at Rochester United and moved them in to seventh place in a congested section of the table.

Tom Barton hit the first 5 minutes before the break and Rob Lawrence doubled the lead 5 minutes after the restart to ensure the visitors left with the points and extended Rochester’s winless run to nine games.

Whitstable Town have now gone twenty-two games unbeaten as this win at Rusthall keeps the heat on Sevenoaks in the title race.

Their ninth successive win came with goals from Ricky Freeman, Danny Williams and Chris Saunders and is their ninth point earned in the last five days.

Rusthall will have easier tasks over their next five games and need to ensure they get some wins from them as they are sitting dangerously in nineteenth place.

AFC Croydon completed the double over Sheppey United this season with a 3-1 victory at the Havill Stadium.

Nahum Green and James Fray gave the visitors a 2-0 half-time lead before Luke Girt reduced the deficit on 64 minutes.

Ryan Fowler then confirmed victory late in the game to give the Rams their first win in five and increase their chances of a top half finish.


About Author

Comments are closed.