Pitchero ad

Toolstation Western League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

At Shellards Road on Saturday, Street stretched their winning run in the Toolstation Western League Premier Division to a dozen games following a 3-1 beating of bottom side Longwell Green Sports.

After Craig Herrod had put Street ahead, the home side grabbed an surprise equaliser, but order was restored prior to half-time by Herrod before David O’Hare flicked home a third for the Cobblers.

Hengrove Athletic’s recent upturn in form peaked when they claimed a 7-1 win at home to Wells City.

The early proceedings belonged to Rhys Hickery who put Hengrove ahead directly from a corner in the 7th minute, before the same man doubled his tally from outside the area just prior to the hour-mark.

Brendon Abood got Wells back into the game soon after Hickery’s second, but the home side took little time in restoring their two-goal lead when Brandon Feehely turned the ball home.

Joe Brimble headed home a fourth for Hengrove, with the home side adding gloss to the scoreline thanks to a late double from Jack Fillingham either side of a Toby Jones own goal.

Bradford Town left it very late before claiming all three points against Wellington, with Sam Jordan scoring the only goal of their game 8 minutes from time to claim all three points.

Another late show took place at Oakfields where Melksham Town scored three times in the final 8 minutes to claim a 3-0 triumph at home to Hallen.

With the game seemingly headed towards a goalless draw, Luke Ballinger sent in a free-kick which the luckless Hallen skipper Scott Cousins deflected into his own net.

Gary Higdon then knocked in a second for Melksham 3 minutes later after meeting Joe Stradling’s pin-point cross, before Jamie Lyons adding a long range third in the dying moments.

Following three away fixtures, Buckland Athletic made a successful return to Homer’s Heath, beating Chipping Sodbury Town 2-1 thanks to two goals in the opening quarter.

After Lloyd Gardner had fired them ahead with a left-footed drive after just six minutes, Jared Lewington slotted home a penalty in the 22nd minute after he had been fouled in the visitors` box.

After re-appointing former manager Adam Castle earlier in the week, Buckland came close to keeping a clean sheet in his return to the club, but the visitors made it a nervy final 10 minutes, scoring what turned out to be a late consolation.

Sixteen-year-old Jack Sell scored a late equaliser for Clevedon Town in their 1-1 draw with Bitton, who had taken a 15th minute lead through Dean Griffiths earlier in the contest.

Cribbs made it back-to-back wins at the Lawns, with first half goals from Jacob Hodgson and Sam Iles cancelling out a strike from Tom Hill during their 2-1 victory at home to Shepton Mallet, and at Ironmould Lane Brislington defeated Bridgwater Town 2-0, thanks to a pair of second half goals.

In the First Division, Keynsham Town extended their lead atop the division to four points, after a 35th minute goal from Matt Curnock handed them a slim 1-0 victory at home to bottom side Portishead Town.

Westbury United moved up into second place following a comprehensive 5-0 victory at home to Corsham Town.

Jamie Jordan was the star of the show for the home side, bagging a second half hat-trick, with Dan Kovacs adding further goals either side of the break.

At Oaklands Park, promotion hopefuls Roman Glass St George relinquished a two-goal lead during their 2-2 draw at home to Chard Town.

It was the dangerous Ryan Radford who did the early damage for Roman Glass, scoring two first-half goals to give them control of the game, but they were unable to hold on and goals from Liam Cleal and Max Westlake helped salvage a point for Chard.

Welton Rovers claimed a 3-2 victory at home to Cheddar in an entertaining game at West Clewes. Welton twice found themselves behind in the first half following goals from Callum Ham and Robbi Maggs, but managed to grab quickfire equalisers on both occasions thanks to Shak Green and man-of-the-match Callum Elms.

That left the game evenly poised going into the second half, and with 64 minutes on the clock, Francois Allen scored the vital goal which saw Rovers claim all three points.

In a wild game at Weymouth Street, Rob Mitchell plundered a hat-trick during Devizes Town’s 7-3 victory away at Warminster Town.

A brace from James Vincent, plus a goal from Lewis Graham saw Warminster level just after half-time, before a late blitz from Devizes handed them all three points.

Mitchell was the main beneficiary, scoring three times, while there was also a double from Jack Hopper as well as goals from Matt Russell and Jay Walters.

There was a return to winning ways for Bristol Telephones, who had goals from Leon Britton and Zane Alime to thank during their 2-0 victory over Almondsbury, while Oldland Abbotonians defeated Calne Town by the same scoreline, thanks to goals either side of the break from Courtney Charles and Josh Williams.

Jordan Lovibond got on the scoresheet twice during Bishops Lydeard’s 3-1 home victory against Ashton & Backwell United and at Hardenhuish Park, Will Thomson was Chippenham Park’s goalscorer during their 1-1 draw with Malmesbury Victoria.

Elliott Mann scored a pair of equalisers, before goals from Tim Trevett and Harry Vandervell put the game in Sherborne Town’s favour during their 4-2 triumph over Radstock Town, while at Lakeview, Bishop Sutton defeated Wincanton Town 2-1.


About Author

Comments are closed.