Pitchero ad

Toolstation Western League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Street’s ten-point lead at the top the Toolstation Western League Premier Division was maintained with ease on Saturday, with their latest victory coming at the expense of Cadbury Heath.

After Matt Hurley had rifled the hosts into an 8th minute lead, their advantage was doubled midway through the opening half, thanks to Josh Wadham’s volley.

Lewis Hogg was very influential for the Cobblers, and after scoring the third, he saw Harry Foster and Craig Herrod add further goals as Street eventually ran out 5-0 victors.

Despite a number of games falling foul to the weather once again, it was a good afternoon for Street’s nearest rivals, with the top five all claiming three points.

Willand Rovers remain in second after Karl Rickard’s header led them to a 1-0 victory away at Shepton Mallet, while first half goals from Sam Jordan and Dan Cottle, plus a late penalty from Matt Morris saw Bradford Town defeat Clevedon Town 3-1, with Tyler Ashmead striking for the visitors.

Melksham Town remain just one point behind Willand and Bradford, after they ran out 8-2 victors` against lowly Wells City.

With the game still goalless, Harry Davidson was dismissed for the visitors, and Melksham never looked back, with the league’s top scorer Gary Higdon claiming a hat-trick.

Jamie Lyons was also in inspired form, converting a free-kick in either half, with further goals for the hosts coming from Luke Ballinger, Ollie Webb and Mark Cooper during a six-goal second period.

There was late drama at Homer’s Heath, where Buckland Athletic struck in stoppage time to defeat Bridgwater Town 2-1.

Both sides came into the game on the back of long winning runs, and it was Buckland who broke the deadlock in the early stages of the second half through Richard Groves.

With 3 minutes left on the clock, Bridgwater looked like they had gained a point following Tom Llewellyn’s leveller, but Buckland found time to hit back, with skipper Liam Head scoring the winning goal at the death.

Odd Down claimed their first win in three months after Kyle Tooze scored against his former club, during their 1-0 victory away at Bitton.

A strong second half performance from Keynsham Town helped the First Division leaders claim a 3-1 win at home to Wincanton Town.

Following a fruitless hour, two goals in quick succession from Craig Wilson and Kyle Box suddenly had the home side heading towards another three points.

Danny Spill then added a third 8 minutes from time, before Gary Chapman struck a late consolation for Wincanton.

At Hardenhuish Park, Roman Glass St George continued their ascent up the table, storming to a 5-0 win over Chippenham Park.

Westbury United dropped down to third, after a 68th minute equalise from Aaron Witchell helped Calne Town claim a 1-1 draw following Dan Kovacs’ opener for the visitors.

Dan Elson was the man on the spot again for Portishead Town, scoring from 12 yards out during their 1-0 triumph away at Bristol Telephones.

At Raleigh Grove, Almondsbury ran out 5-3 winners against Sherborne Town in a thrilling encounter.

First half goals from Matt Brown and Harry Montacute had Sherborne level at the break, but Almondsbury proved to be too strong going forward, with Daniel Lane scoring twice, adding to goals from Alex Bisp, Ashley Knight and Keelan Mastouras.

There was also an away victory for Bishops Lydeard, with all the goals coming after the break during their 2-1 win over Warminster Town.


About Author

Comments are closed.