Pitchero ad

United Counties League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Yaxley remain four points clear at the top of the ChromaSport & Trophies United Counties League Premier Division table and did their goal difference the world of good with a 10-0 win over St Andrews at Leading Drove.

Jack Saunders and Joe Butterworth got the ball rolling for the Cuckoos before Matt Sparrow took it to five with a hat-trick.

Tom Waumsley took over the scoring role with four, sandwiching a Dan Cotton goal, to lift the grand total to double figures.

Alex Beck was the Wisbech Town match-winner as he hit both goals (51 & 81) to give his side a 2-0 win at Kirby Muxloe and keep promotion in their own hands.

Newport Pagnell Town would also overtake Yaxley if they win all their remaining games after a Dom Lawless goal gave them a 1-0 home win over Leicester Nirvana in front of a bumper crown of 184 at Willen Road.

Lawless got the vital goal on 71 minutes when he converted a superb cross from Fazel Koriya.

Holbeach United continue to blow hot and cold and it was the latter at Eynesbury Rovers where they fell to a Dan Draper goal.

The 1-0 defeat doesn’t mathematically end their championship hopes, but the reality is the top three would have to all completely blow-it which is extremely unlikely.

The same goes for Deeping Rangers after they were beaten 2-1 at Daventry Town.

A 20-yard strike from Greg Anayitos gave the home side the lead on 13 minutes, but Scott Coupland levelled for the Lincolnshire side with a close-range finish on 67 minutes.

Kieran Fitzgerald was the match-winner for Daventry though, hitting the target with the clock already on 90 minutes and leaving no time left for Deeping to get back into it again.

Sleaford Town and Desborough Town served up a five-goal thriller at Eslaforde Park, but it was the visitors who went home happy with the 3-2 win.

Jack Pemberton gave the home side a great start with the opening goal after 2 minutes, but Connor Bird headed Ar Tarn level on 25 minutes.

John Dean slotted home from Jason Turner’s pass on 49 minutes and Bird scored with another header on 52 minutes to extend the visitors lead, but an Archie Moyses penalty on 75 minutes made it an interesting last quarter of an hour.

Sileby Rangers were beaten again, but the 2-4 scoreline at home to Wellingborough Town was an improvement on recent results.

Ibby Akanbi gave the Doughboys the lead after being set up by former Ranger Andy Hall and Hall himself scored the second from Jack Wisniewski’s cross.

Dominic Okanu stabbed home from ten yards to reduce the arrears, but Wisniewski headed home Hall’s corner to restore the two-goal margin.

Collins Atubrah smashed a shot into the top corner to give Sileby hope again, but Wisniewski grabbed his second after Hall he put him through one-on-one with the keeper.

Oadby Town continued their brilliant revival with a 4-1 win over fellow in form side Boston Town.

In Division One, Potton United and Lutterworth Town are the two sides who can still grab the runners-up spot after Pinchbeck United finally sealed the title in midweek and they went head-to-head at Hutchinsons Hollow on Saturday, with everything still to play for after a 1-1 draw.

Claudio Dias gave Potton the lead direct from a free-kick on 13 minutes, but The Swifts levelled 2 minutes into the second half with Tendai Daire on target.

The results mean Potton are twelve points clear of Town and 8 goals better off, but they have just one game left to play and Lutterworth have five so promotion is far from settled just yet.

Raunds Town’s hopes of second spot ended when they were held 2-2 at inconsistent Buckingham Town. Ty Clark (50) and Adan Randall (66) both netted equalisers for the Shopmates.

Oakham United picked up only their fifth win of the season as the pipped Thrapston Town 2-1 in Barleythorpe.

Harrowby United have enjoyed the last few days and added to their superb win at Blackstones with a 5-1 win at Lutterworth Athletic.

A Sam Grouse penalty and a Jawanza Grant effort put them two-up before Stefan Bjelic pulled one back on the hour-mark.

Not perturbed by this though, the Arrows ran in three more with Grouse grabbing his second and Richemone Sylla rounding things off with the final two.

Rushden & Higham United went down 3-1 at home to Huntingdon Town with 18-year-old Ben Fitzjohn scoring the Lankies goal – his first for the club – but a Corey Kingston double and a Jake Waterworth penalty gave the visitors the points.

It isn’t that long ago that the Lankies were in second place, but they now find themselves in eleventh with seven games left to play.

Long Buckby’s Scott Sandy made it back-to-back hat-tricks as he scored all his side’s goals in a 3-2 win at Irchester United.

He opened up a two-goal lead with efforts on 4 and 35 minutes, although Nathan Heycock reduced the arrears after 52 minutes.

Sandy completed his hat-trick after 64 minutes, but Dan Spaughton made it 2-3 after 82 minutes and that is how it ended at Alfred Street.

Burton Park Wanderers followed up their 6-2 win last Wednesday with a 3-0 victory over Bourne Town at Latimer Park.

Dylan Otshudy (25), Mark Forbes (30) and Stuart MacMichael (52) doing the damage, but the sending-off of Forbes for two yellows took a little shine off the result.

Paul Jackson


About Author

Comments are closed.