Pitchero ad

Welsh Premier Transfer Window Update

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Movement continues in the JD Welsh Premier now the transfer window has opened.

Reigning champions The New Saints have made two new signings both with an international flavour.

Dublin-born Dean Ebbe is a 23-year-old striker who began his career at Shamrock Rovers and has since played for Longford Town, Athlone Town, Cabinteely and Bluebell United.

The 6’2″ tall player then moved to Inverness Caledonian Thistle in 2017.

Kevin Kauber, is a 22-year-old Estonian forward who has represented his country at all levels from under-16 to under-23 and has twice made the bench for the senior side against Andorra and Lithuania.

Having played in Finland, Latvia and Slovenia as well as his native Estonia, he won the Latvian Cup with FK Jelgava in 2015/16.

Kauber spent the first half of last season in Latvia with the Jelgava before being loaned to Estonia’s FC Levadia.

Chris Hughes, manager of Newtown, has bolstered his squad as Alex Fletcher has returned to the club.

The midfielder, who signed for the Robins in the summer of 2016, went on to score 4 times in thirty appearances, helping the Robins into the play off semi-final.

He was one of three key players to leave in the summer, as he departed to join Vanarama National League North side Southport.

However, his stint up north was short lived, and he returned to the Midlands to sign for Evo-Stik League Premier outfit Stafford Rangers.

Now he has penned a deal to return to the Robins and help them climb up the table.

Llandudno have signed Wes Baynes from Huws Gray Alliance side Airbus UK Broughton.

Wes Baynes

The former Connah’s Quay, Wrexham and Chester FC player has signed a contract at the club until the end of the current season.

Speaking to the club website, manager Iwan Williams said: “I’ve tracked Wes for a number of years, even during his Wrexham days, he will come in and give us versatility, quality, and experience. His deliveries into the box and long throw capabilities can provide us with added threats going forward. After meeting with Wes I’m sure he’ll fit in great to a squad that’s in high spirits after our derby win.”

Further good news was also received as Marc Evans’ international clearance was received from the New Zealand FA.

And after training well with the team for several weeks the club can also confirm that Evans has been tied down on a contract until the end of the 2017/18 season.

Williams confirmed a third signing to add to the ranks, it was none other than himself!

The former Llandudno captain will be registered as a player alongside assistant-manager Matty Williams and Marc Evans.

Although Iwan Williams believes he is the missing piece of the jig-saw within the side, he is still working hard to acquire further signings: “We unfortunately lost Ryan Edwards to a nasty ankle injury against Bangor which is a blow, so we need to look to strengthen further. We are actively working hard behind the scenes to freshen things up and bolster the current squad, and we are hopeful that a further signing could be announced as early as tomorrow which would strengthen our defensive and midfield options.”

Bala Town have announced that midfielder Rob Pearson has returned to the club.

The 27-year old left the Lakesiders in March 2016 to sign for ASB Premiership side Tasman United.

After a year and a half down under, Rob has returned to the UK and to Maes Tegid.

Speaking to the club website, boss Colin Caton said: “Rob informed me in early December that he was coming home from New Zealand so it was something that we couldn’t turn down. I rate Rob as one of the best midfielders that’s ever played for Bala Town. We only have three recognised centre midfielders at the Club after Anthony Stephens got injured so he will add competition to that area as we always play with a midfield three.”

Newton have brought-in Callum Roberts on-loan from Shrewsbury Town, but James Murphy has left Latham Park to seek football closer to home.

Nineteen-year-old defender Roberts, first-year professional, spent the first half of this season on-loan with The New Saints following a previous loan spell with Hednesford Town in 2016/17 and made seven Welsh Premier appearances.

Murphy, 20, was promoted to the first-team squad at Airbus UK Broughton from the under-19s in the summer of 2015 and went on to be voted Welsh Premier young player of the season.

He spent another season with the Wingmakers before joining the Robins last June and has scored 4 goals from seventy WPL appearances.

After rejecting a contract extension at Aberystwyth Town, Jonny Spittle has linked-up again with Andy Morrison, his former assistant-manager at Airbus UK Broughton, by signing for Connah’s Quay Nomads.

Spittle joined Llandudno when they were in the Huws Gray Alliance in September 2013.

He signed for the Wingmakers in May 2014 but returned to Llandudno on loan in August 2015 before being recalled in February 2016.

After Airbus were relegated from the Welsh Premier, he left to join Aberystwyth in July and has scored 5 goals from sixty-four WPL appearances.

After signing Tom Owens earlier this month, Aberystwyth Town have again raided Evo-Stik League North side Radcliffe FC by signing striker Kurt Sherlock.

The 26-year-old Liverpudlian has previous played for Formby, Bootle, Runcorn Linnets, Stalybridge Celtic and Marine AFC.

Since joining Radcliffe, he has scored 4 goals.

Evo-Stik League Premier side Witton Albion confirmed that Joel Bembo-Leta has been released following a seven-day approach from Bangor City.

Bembo-Leta had only arrived at Wincham Park from league leaders Altrincham in December.

Joel Bembo-Leta

The 25-year-old has also previously played for Stalybridge Celtic, Colwyn Bay and Marine AFC.

Going out is Connah’s Quay Nomads` goalkeeper Jon Rushton, who has joined Welsh National League side Brickfield Rangers on loan until the end of the season.

Rushton has had two spells at Deeside, the first coming between 2011 and 2015, before returning in January 2016 and was called into action during the Europa League play-offs as John Danby broke his thumb against Newtown.

Rushton came into the side and kept two clean sheets, including a penalty save against Carmarthen Town to help The Nomads qualify for the Europa League for the first time in the club’s history.


About Author

Comments are closed.