Pitchero ad

Altrincham Take Top Spot

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Altrincham and Warrington Town joined Shaw Lane AFC at the top of the Evo-Stik League Premier table on Saturday.

With the Ducks involved in Emirates FA Cup action tomorrow, Alty now lead the table on goal difference following a 3-0 win at Moss Lane against fourth-bottom Halesowen Town.

In front of a crowd of 808, after a goalless first half, Altrincham turned up the pressure after the break, and it took them fewer than 45 seconds to make the breakthrough with Josh Hancock the scorer.

Nine minutes later, when Jordan Hulme chased a 50-50 ball inside the box, he was tripped and John Johnston netted the resulting penalty.

Hancock played in James Poole to make it 3-0, in the 82nd minute.

Warrington joined the Robins and Ducks on thirty-three points after a 1-0 win at Kirkby Road against Barwell.

The only goal came 15 minutes from time, courtesy of a Aboubacar Sanogo effort.

Farsley Celtic could have moved to within a point of the top three had they won at the Giant Axe against Lancaster City.

However, they were held to a 1-1 draw in which Richard Mercer gave the Dolly Blues a 39th minute lead.

Adam Clayton pulled Celtic back on terms 19 minutes from time.

Witton Albion, who came up with Farsley, are sixth after a comprehensive 5-2 Wincham Park victory over a Coalville Town side for whom this was a fourth successive defeat.

Tom Owens gave Albion a great start with a goal inside the opening 3 minutes.

James Foley added a second in the 23rd minute, but a Lee Cox goal 4 minutes before half-time gave the Ravens hope.

Just 7 minutes after the break though Rob Hopley added Witton`s third and Ben Hedley a fourth 15 minutes later.

Dean Freeman reduced the deficit to two just a couple of minutes later, only for Hopley to notch his second 3 minutes later to make it a nap hand for Witton.

The bottom two, Sutton Coldfield Town and Rushall Olympic, both picked up a point apiece.

Sutton shared a 1-1 Coles Lane draw with Whitby Town, whose James Risborough eventually cancelled out Gurjit Singh`s 14th minute opener for the Royals just 6 minutes from time.

The Pics drew 1-1 at the Don Amott Stadium against Mickleover Sports.

Will Hancox put the visitors in front after 31 minutes.

The Derbyshire hosts pulled level 17 minutes from time through Tevahn Tyrell.

Marine AFC are back amongst the strugglers after losing 2-1 at the Marine Travel Arena to inconsistent Matlock Town.

George Lomax gave the Mariners a 16th minute lead.

Tyrell Waite levelled just past the half-hour mark.

And then Adam Yates won it for the Gladiators in the 74th minute.

A goal 9 minutes from time from Richard Gregory eventually proved enough to earn Stafford Rangers all three points at Marston Road against Ashton United in front of 514.

Workington AFC led at Keys Park against Hednesford Town through Scott Allison`s 24th minute penalty heading into time added on at the end of the game when Check Steele popped up with the Pitmen`s equaliser.

But there were no goals at The Meres between Grantham Town and Stalybridge Celtic.


About Author

Comments are closed.