Pitchero ad

Alty Made To Hang On For All Three Points – Gingerbreads Go Second

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Altrincham are three points clear at the top of the Evo-Stik League Premier table after what ended up being a hard-earned win at Mickleover Sports on Saturday.

Alty had taken a 2-0 lead inside half-an-hour with goals from Tom Peers after 20 minutes and then top scorer Jordan Hulme.

But the game ended with the Robins defending in depth for much of the latter stages, which included some 6 added minutes, after Mickleover had scored in the 85th minute through Evan Garnett.

Grantham Town`s excellent season continues and they are second after recording a good 3-2 win at Wincham Park against Witton Albion, who are eighth.

Grantham`s Jordan Hempenstall opened the scoring on 21 minutes and he doubled the lead 11 minutes into the second half.

The Gingerbreads went three-up on 75 minutes, when Stefan Galinski headed home at the back post.

With 5 minutes left it all became a bit nervy. Witton pulled one back through Rob Hopley and then the referee indicated 8 minutes of stoppage time.

In the 97th minute it was 3-2 when Hopley scored again, but the Gingerbreads held out.

Shaw Lane AFC are now level on points with Grantham in third and leap-frogged Warrington Town after inflicting a 5-0 drubbing on the Wire at Sheerien Park.

Chib Chilaka gave the Barnsley side a great start with a goal inside the opening 4 minutes.

The experienced Dave Norris doubled their lead after 16 minutes and striker Paul Clayton made it 3-0 with 37 minutes gone on the clock.

It was effectively game over 2 minutes after half-time when Spencer Harris made it 4-0, with Alex Byrne adding the icing on the cake with the fifth from the penalty spot in the 84th minute.

Ashton United are fifth after they won 2-1 at Hurst Cross against Rushall Olympic.

It was two successful penalty conversions from Matty Chadwick that won the points for Ashton.

He opened the scoring from a 25th minute spot-kick and, after experienced striker Richard Brodie had pulled the Pics back on level terms, converted his second 15 minutes from time to wrap up victory.

A last-gasp winner keeps Workington AFC in sixth after a 2-1 Borough Park success against Stourbridge.

Sam Joel had given the Reds the lead just before half-time.

Luke Shearer equalised for the Glassboys in the 87th minute, but Phil McLuckie was in the right place at the right time deep in the 4th minute of stoppage time to give Workington all three points.

It was a disappointing end to Leon Broadhurst’s 700th game in a Stourbridge shirt.

Farsley Celtic`s top five hopes took a blow as they were beaten 2-1 at a now ninth-placed Hednesford Town.

Danny Glover`s early 3rd minute penalty gave the Pitmen a great start at Keys Park.

Nathan Cartman eventually pulled Celtic level 9 minuets after half-time, but Ben Bailey won it for the home side 10 minutes from time.

Bottom-markers Sutton Coldfield Town made it back-to-back wins for the first time this season to date to move to within a point of the safety-mark.

The Royals pulled second-bottom Stalybridge Celtic closer to them after a 2-0 win at Coles Lane.

Gurjit Singh broke the deadlock 7 minutes into the second half.

Matty Waters made sure with a second for the Royals just past the hour-mark.

Nantwich Town dropped to third-bottom spot after they lost at home to Coalville Town and Halesowen Town beat Whitby Town.

The struggling Dabbers took a 13th minute lead through Joel Stair.

But goals from Cleveland Taylor after 26 minuets and Jermaine Hollis a minute before the break took the Ravens into half-time ahead.

And 7 minutes into the second period, Dan Creaney added a third which ended up being enough for the visitors.

Halesowen won for the first time in six games.

And they had to come back from being an early 5th minute Kyle Fryatt goal down at The Grove against Whitby.

John McAtee equalised 9 minutes before the break and then Jack Kelly on the hour-mark and McAtee again 9 minutes from time, sealed the Yeltz win.

After a poor run, Matlock Town are now unbeaten in four in all competitions after beating Lancaster City 2-1 at the Giant Axe.

Jake Green gave the Gladiators a 21st minute lead that Ricardo German eventually doubled after 69 minutes.

Tom Kilifin reduced the deficit 9 minutes from the end, but the Dolly Blues couldn`t find a leveller.

Marine AFC pulled themselves up to twentieth after a fine 4-1 win at Marston Road against inconsistent Stafford Rangers.

A poor home performance saw the Mariners lead 2-0 at the break through Florian Da Silva after just 4 minutes and Will Smart after 16 minutes.

Danny Mitchley made it virtually game over with a third for the visitors in the 57th minute and Liam Tongue added a fourth in the 88th minute, with Alex Fletcher netting a stoppage time consolation for Rangers.

Curiously, there was only one drawn game, and that was at Silverlands where Luke Hinsley`s 33rd minute opener for Buxton was cancelled out 10 minutes later by Eddie Nisevic for visitors Barwell.


About Author

Comments are closed.