Pitchero ad

Billericay Bandwagon Rolls On

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The Billericay Town bandwagon is back firmly on track in the Bostik League Premier following last weekend`s draw at Metropolitan Police.

Glenn Tamplin`s men hammered a Lowestoft Town outfit who seemed to have turned the corner themselves after a 3-0 home win against Enfield Town last Saturday.

In front of a crowd of 643 on a freezing cold night in Essex, the Trawlerboys held `Ricay to a single goal interval lead, given to them after just 3minutes when Sam Deering headed in Adam Cunnington`s cross.

But just 4 minutes into the second half, the hosts grabbed a second when a neat corner routine was finished off by Danny Waldren.

Just past the hour-mark, the points were secured when Deering`s free-kick hot a post and bounced up nicely for Billy Bricknell to head past Ben Dudzinski.

Two minutes later, Bricknell hits the bar but on 69 minutes, Deering added a fourth when he broke through the defence and slotted past Dudzinski.

Four goals for Billericay and none for prolific scorer Jake Robinson!

However, on 73 minutes he put that right with his 41st league goal of the campaign to date

The closest Lowestoft came to a consolation was 11 minutes from time when Josh Urquhart cleared the ball off the line following an almighty scramble in a muddy six-yard box.

Leiston were looking to get their play-off challenge back on track following successive defeats when they travelled to Silver Jubilee Park to take on fellow top five contenders Hendon.

But it was the Greens who enhanced their own chances by moving into fourth after a 2-1 win.

Josh Walker gave the home side a great start with a goal inside the opening 3 minutes.

Joe Marsden equalised for the Suffolk visitors in the 19th minute.

However, Hendon won it with a goal from Arthur Lee with 21 minutes remaining.

Burgess Hill Town remain bottom of the table – a point behind Harlow Town – after losing a best-of-five encounter at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium against an Enfield Town side who hadn`t won since New Year`s Day and had plummeted down the table.

But they were made to sweat.

It looked done and dusted at half-time as Enfield led 3-0 with goals from recent signing Taofiq Olomowewe after just 4 minutes and a Ryan Blake brace in the 12th and 42nd minutes.

The nerved began to show after Jack Brivio reduced the deficit on the hour-mark and the hosts were made to battle in the end after sub Hafeez Sanusi pulled a second back in the first minute of time added on at the end.


About Author

Comments are closed.