Pitchero ad

Billericay March On At The Top Of The Table

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There seems to be no stopping Billericay Town at present as the ambitious Essex outfit recorded a 4-0 win at New Lodge on Tuesday night against newly-promoted Brightlingsea Regent to lead the early Bostik League Premier table by three points.

In front of a soaking 898 crowd, Adam Cunnington gave the Blues a 25th minute lead with a stunning overhead kick (pictured).

However, it wasn’t until just past the hour-mark that Jake Robinson managed to double Billericay`s lead and then goals in the final 6 minutes from Robinson again and Jermaine Pennant, who had come off the bench, made it a comfortable win for the Blues.

Josh Walker, who had only joined Hendon earlier in the day, became an instant hero as he scored the only goal at Dulwich Hamlet with virtually the last kick of the game.

The former Fulham youngster came off the bench 12 minutes from time and grabbed the only goal in front of 659 in the 4th minute of stoppage time.

Leiston are third – and still unbeaten – but were held to a goalless draw at home by Harlow Town.

Worthing and promoted Tooting & Mitcham United both remain win-less to date after losing again on Tuesday night.

The Rebels became newcomers Dorking Wanderers` second victims since winning promotion.

Dorking triumphed 4-2 at Westhumble, coming back from being a 14th minute Ben Pope goal down.

Matt Briggs equalised on 33 minutes and then put the home side in front 10 minutes after half-time.

David Ray made it 3-1 with 68 minutes gone on the clock.

However, Lloyd Dawes made Dorking sweat when he reduced the deficit to just one with 4 minutes remaining.

But a James McShane goal in stoppage time sealed the home side`s success and condemned a now managerless Worthing to a seventh straight defeat.

Tooting were beaten 3-1 at Burgess Hill Town.

The Hillians took the lead on the half-hour mark through Brandon Diau.

Jack Brivio doubled that on the hour-mark and Hakeem Adelakun added a third 6 minutes later.

Omar Folkes reduced the deficit just 3 minutes after that, but their chances of mounting a comeback virtually disappeared when they had keeper Joe Tupper sent-off 18 minutes from time when he was adjudged to have handled the ball outside the area. Striker Dunn replaced him in goal.

Wingate & Finchley and Harrow Borough complete the top five, although only Wingate won on Tuesday, beating neighbours Enfield Town 2-1 at the Maurice Rebak Stadium with goals from Reece Beckles-Richards after 18 minutes and a Sean Cronin penalty 6 minutes after half-time – Jack Higgs replying 20 minutes from the end.

Harrow were beaten by the same scoreline at the Wheatsheaf Stadium by Staines Town.

An Adam Richards own goal gave the Swans the lead a minute before the break.

Just 2 minutes after the half-time cuppas, Lewis Driver made it 2-0 against one of his former clubs.

Richards scored at the right end 11 minutes from time, but it ended up being just a consolation for Boro.

Lowestoft Town have made a slow start to 2017/18 but gained a second win in the 2—derby win at Bloomfields against Needham Market.

Josh Greenleaf came off the bench in the 74th minute and proceeded to score twice in the next 4 minutes to seal the Trawlerboys win.

It finished 2-2 in the evening`s other game between Thurrock and Tonbridge Angels at Ship Lane.

Alex Akrofi maintained his recent good form in front of goal by giving Angels a 25th minute lead that Joel Nouble levelled 6 minutes later.

Joe Christou eventually put the home side in front with 13 minutes to go – which looked to be enough for Mark Stimson`s side – until Chris Kinnear popped up with the visitors` equaliser a minutes from the end of normal time.


About Author

Comments are closed.