Pitchero ad

Bostik Premier Title Race Still Open?

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Perhaps the Bostik League Premier title race isn`t already done and dusted after all!

Leaders Billericay Town suffered a 3-1 defeat at Victory Road against mid-table Leiston to give the chasing pack hope.

The Blues still have a massive six and seven-games in hand on the rest, but at least there`s still hope, with Margate now second, just a point behind.

In front of a biggest crowd of the season of 502, Adam Cunnington gave Billericay an early 8th minute lead.

But instead of crumbling, the Suffolk side came back well and equalised right on the stroke of half-time through Joe Jefford.

Darren Mills then put them in front after 64 minutes and Chris Henderson made it 3-1 with 14 minutes remaining.

Margate eased to a 2-0 Hartsdown Park victory over bottom-markers Burgess Hill Town.

Goals from Frannie Collin after 17 minutes and top scorer Jordan Chiedozie on the half-hour mark kept the majority in the 547 crowd reasonably happy.

Dulwich Hamlet dropped to third after being held to a 1-1 draw at Champion Hill by mid-table Enfield Town in front of another terrific crowd of 2,158.

Ashley Carew broke the deadlock to give the home side a 63rd minute lead, but Sam Youngs earned Town a draw 12 minutes from time.

Hendon and Folkestone Invicta occupy the other play-off places and both won on Saturday.

Hendon won 1-0 at Thurrock, courtesy of a 52nd minute Ashley Nathaniel-George goal, while Invicta took advantage of fellow contenders Wingate & Finchley going down to ten-men to win 5-0 at The Fullicks Stadium.

Invicta were already 2-0 up with goals from Adam Yusuff from the spot after 24 minutes and Johan Ter Horst on the hour-mark when Wingate had Sean Cronin dismissed in the 72nd minute.

Ter Horst and subs Joe Taylor and Tom Walmsley inflicted further damage against the ten-men.

Staines Town are three points behind Folkestone in sixth after being held to a 1-1 draw at Wheatsheaf Park by fourth-bottom Needham Market.

Mo Bettamer gave the Swans a 19th minute lead but they weren`t able to capitalise on that and John Sands pulled the Marketmen level shortly after the break.

Metropolitan Police maintained their top five hopes with a 1-0 Imber Court win over Harrow Borough, courtesy of an Adam Pepera own goal on 63 minutes.

Second-bottom Harlow Town are two points above Burgess Hill after sharing a 2-2 draw at Worthing.

In front of 685, improved Worthing went two-up through Zack Newton after 8 minutes and Reece Meekums on 27 minutes.

But a brace from new signing Matt Foy either side of half-time salvaged a useful point for the Hawks.

Kingstonian moved up to thirteenth place after a 3-1 win at Westhumble over Dorking Wanderers.

The home side led at half-time, thanks to a 20th minute Giuseppe Sole penalty.

However, things changed in the second half as K’s dominated once Michael West’s turn and shot flew in for a 58th minute equaliser and his first Kingstonian goal.

And in the 71st and 76th minutes Nic Ciardini did precisely that two terrific runs and efforts from outside the area.

Lowestoft Town and Tooting & Mitcham United shared a 0-0 Crown Meadow draw, while Dan Thompson`s goal 19 minutes from time sealed Tonbridge Angels` win at Moatside against Merstham.

A dismissal at Fetcham Grove dealt Brightlingsea Regent a massive blow as after they lost Matt Cripps to a 86th minute red card, Jack Midson`s spot-kick sealed the Tanners 2-1 win, having put his side ahead after 21 minutes, only for Sam Ashford to have levelled 3 minutes before the sending-off.


About Author

Comments are closed.