Pitchero ad

Bulls Move Four Points Clear

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

A crowd of 2,402 watched Hereford FC extend their lead at the top of the Evo-Stik League South Premier to four points with games in hand over the chasing pack.

The Bulls were made to scrap for the points, however, as a solid mid-table St Neots Town side battled hard to deny them.

That was until 10 minutes into the second half when Dara O`Shea popped up with what proved to be the only goal of the game at Edgar Street.

Kettering Town made it nine goals in two games without conceding to move to within seven points of the Bulls following a 3-0 win at Ladysmead against fellow play-off chasers Tiverton Town.

The goals came from Brett Solkhon with a 25th minute header, Matty Stevens just past the hour-mark and a Solkhon penalty in the last minute.

The home side’s Ben Mammola was shown a straight red card in the 63rd minute of the game after kicking out at Kalern Thomas.

Tivvy have now fallen five points adrift of the top five.

Royston Town missed the opportunity to move level on points with fifth-placed Chesham United when they were beaten 1-0 at fourth-bottom Kings Langley.

A goal 11 minutes from time from Kieran Turner gave Kings all three points.

Bottom side Gosport Borough suffered a 23rd defeat in 33 games as they fell 4-2 at mid-table Redditch United.

Boro started well enough, taking an early 3rd minute lead through experienced striker Craig McAllister.

But the Reds were level within 4 minutes through Adam Davie and ahead with Ashley Sammons` 23rd minute strike.

Ryan Pennery equalised 10 minutes later to send the sides into half-time all-square, but a second for Davie just past the hour-mark and then one for new signing, former Tamworth boss Andy Morrell, with 6 minutes remaining, sealed Redditch`s win.

Basingstoke Town leap-frogged Stratford Town into thirteenth in the table after beating them 2-1 at the Camrose in the division`s other game on Tuesday night.

Sam Smart gave the hosts the lead 3 minutes before half-time.

Seven minutes after the break, Michael Taylor equalised, but Ben Wright won it for Terry Brown`s side 11 minutes from time.


About Author

Comments are closed.