Pitchero ad

Darts Return To Top Spot As Seagulls Shock Iron

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Dartford are back on top of the Vanarama National League South table on Saturday after they beat Gloucester City and overnight leaders Braintree Town suffered a home defeat to improving Weston-super-Mare.

The Darts produced a good performance in front of their own fans at Princes Park.

Warren Mfula gave them a 26th minute lead that Lyle Della-Verde doubled 8 minutes later.

Eight minutes into the second half, Della-Verde doubled his tally to make it 3-0 and 4 minutes after that, it was game over when Alfie Pavey made it 4-0, rendering James Edge`s 64th minute reply for the Tigers as just a consolation.

Braintree suffered at the hands of a Weston side who now have gone five games without defeat to move up to eleventh in the table.

The Iron will be ruing the opening 45 minutes when they were the dominant side and had two `goals` disallowed.

But they were a shadow of that side in the second half and the Seagulls scored what proved to be the only goal of the game 6 minutes after the break through Ashley Harper.

Truro City are third after they battled out a 1-0 win at Bulpit Lane against Hungerford Town in a game which saw the White Tigers forced to play with ten-men for over an hour.

Truro were reduced to ten-men as half-time approached when Cody Cooke was dismissed for a challenge deemed reckless.

It didn’t take the visitors long to re-group though and with 7 minutes to go until the break, they managed to get their noses in front when an inviting ball into the danger zone following some neat play that carved open the home side was turned into his own net by Rhys Tyler.

As the second half progressed, tempers started to boil over and it ended with the home side also going down to ten-men as Diak John was dismissed.

There was a dismissal too at East Thurrock United as the Essex hosts were beaten by the same scoreline by a now fourth-placed Havant & Waterlooville.

After a goalless first half, the first real chance of the second half brought the breakthrough for the Hawks on 54 minutes. Alfie Rutherford did well to bring the ball back inside and hammered an unstoppable strike into the corner.

The Rocks finished with ten-men when Lee Burns was dismissed in the 74th minute.

Hampton & Richmond Borough are fifth after they too recorded a 1-0 win on Saturday.

The Beavers saw off fourth-bottom Poole Town at The Beveree, thanks to a goal 3 minutes into the second half from new loan signing from Sutton United, Adam Coombes.

Chelmsford City and Welling United complete the top seven, but only the Clarets manage to claim three points on Saturday.

City ensured Whitehawk remain win-less and rooted to the bottom of the table after a 2-0 success at the Enclosed Ground.

Both of the Clarets` goals came in the opening 15 minutes, through Matt Johnson after 12 minutes and then Chris Dickson grabbed the second.

The Wings and Hemel Hempstead Town shared a 2-2 draw at Vauxhall Road – which was almost expected as the teams went into the match level on points.

Antonio German took only 8 minutes to score on his debut to give Hemel the lead.

Jordan Parkes doubled the Tudors` lead from the penalty spot 6 minutes before the break.

But the Wings battled back and Tom Bradbrook reduced the deficit 11 minutes into the second half and 2 minutes later, Joe Healy equalised.

St Albans City’s indifferent form continued as second-bottom Bognor Regis Town picked up a 2-1 win at Clarence Park.

Twice in the first half the Rocks scored from corners, the first was headed firmly beyond Dean Snedker by new siging Kristian Campbell.

The second came from Dan Beck on the edge of the area via a number of deflections.

In between, Sam Merson had equalised in the 33rd minute, but the Saints were unable to find another leveller and it`s now seven games without a win for Ian Allinson`s side.

Oxford City made it three wins on the bounce as they edged out Wealdstone 3-2 at Marsh Lane.

A strong opening 10 minutes saw The Hoops take advantage of the visitors` slow start as they found themselves 2-0 up. Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain took advantage of visiting ‘keeper Jonathan North’s mistake, as he rushed out of his goal, beating the stopper to the ball, and placing easily past him to put City 1-0 up.

Zac McEachran doubled the lead just 3 minutes later, his shot from the edge of the box superbly placed just out of the grasp of North.

The Stones did grow into the game and pulled one back on 35 minutes as Abobakar Eisa met a cross to place home with ease, to make it 2-1 at the break.

The second half was a rather even affair with both sides getting forward, however Reece Fleet put the game beyond doubt in the 86th minute smashing home from an excellent exchange on the edge of the box.

But Eisa grabbed a goal back immediately for the Stones to still give City a nervy ending.

Concord Rangers did their hopes of pulling away from the drop zone a power of good with a strong 4-2 home win over Chippenham Town.

But the Beachboys had to come back from being a 15th minute James Morton goal down.

Lewis Knight levelled 8 minutes later, only for Will Richards to restore the Bluebirds` lead less than 5 minutes after that.

Ben Greenhalgh eventually pulled the hosts level again 10 minutes after the break, but the turning point came on the hour-mark when Dean Evans saw red for Chippenham following a rash challenge on Khale Da Costa to get his second booking.

And from the resulting free-kick, Knight headed Concord in front.

Amos Nasha Junior made it 4-2 with 8 minutes to go.

Bath City moved up to tenth after a 3-2 success at Eastbourne Borough.

Nat Jarvis gave the visitors the lead after 37 minutes, only for Lloyd Dawes to send Boro into the break on level terms right on the whistle.

Jarvis restored City`s lead on 68 minutes and Miles Welch-Hayes added a third in the 82nd minute.

Dawes` second 5 minutes later made it a nervy end at Priory Lane, but the visitors held firm.


About Author

Comments are closed.