Pitchero ad

Day Of Drama In The National League North

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Vanarama National League North leaders AFC Fylde suffered a first defeat in seven games on Saturday, an although second-placed Kidderminster Harriers won, the Coasters still hold a very healthy six-point lead at the top of the table.

The leaders found inconsistent Nuneaton Town in their best form as Tommy Wright`s side ran out unexpectedly comfortable 4-1 winners at Liberty Way.

The game was all-but won in the opening half as Boro led through goals from Billy Daniels after 27 minutes, Kelvin Langmead on 40 minutes and Ashley Chambers a minute before the whistle.

The Coasters could only manage a Bohan Dixon response on 66 minutes, with Coventry City loanee Devon Kelly-Evans adding the hosts` fourth in stoppage time.

Andre Brown’s 88th minute winner saw Kidderminster to all three points at Aggborough against Harrogate Town.

Harrogate looked to be on their way to a seventh away game unbeaten, only for Brown to loop a finish over Peter Crook and in with just 2 minutes left to play.

The race for the play-off places is still extremely tight.

FC Halifax Town are now third, level on points with Salford City, who suffered a 2-0 defeat at Boston United.

The Shaymen won 3-0 at Broadhurst Park in front of a crowd of 3,149 against FC United of Manchester.

New signing Dion Charles gave the visitors a 10th minute lead that Jordan Sinnott doubled after 42 minutes.

And a third from Liam King a minute before half-time gave FC United a mountain they were unable to climb in the second half.

Amazingly, Boston United won their first Saturday game at the Jakemans Stadium since April last year when beating Salford 2-0!

Harry Vince scored his first goal for the club, just three days after turning 18 and signing his first contract, to give the Pilgrims a 12th minute lead.

And Nat Brown made sure of the points with the second 17 minutes from time against a then ten-man visitors, who had Brad Barnes sent-off a minute before the interval for his second booking in as many minutes.

Stockport County leapt into fifth spot after a defeat for Chorley and a draw for Darlington 1883.

Stockport came from behind to beat another top five hopeful Tamworth by the odd goal in three at Edgeley Park in front of a crowd of 3,349.

The visitors took the lead after 28 minutes with a Ross Dyer header.

This acted to wake the Hatters up, but it wasn`t until 18 minutes from time that Mark Ross managed to pull them back on level terms.

But 8 minutes later, Danny Lloyd grabbed the all-important second to earn the home side all three points and leave the Lambs clutching at a slim hope now of a top five finish.

Darlington had to make a late comeback to earn a point at the Northolme against relegation-threatened Gainsborough Trinity.

It was the Quakers who took a 12th minute lead through Mark Beck.

But the hosts led 3-1 with goals from Matt Wilson after 33 minutes, Ashley Worsfold a minute later and then Chib Chilaka 6 minutes into the second half.

David Syers reduced the deficit to just one in the 76th minute, but it took a second from the same player 7 minutes into stoppage time to rescue a point for north east outfit.

Chorley are suffering a dip in form at just the wrong time as a disappointing 3-0 Victory Park defeat to mid-table Curzon Ashton was the Magpies third game without a win.

In front of 1,146, Jamie Stott gave the Tamesiders an early 9th minute lead that Niall Cummins doubled 5 minutes later.

And The Nash found themselves three-up with only 33 minutes gone on the clock with a second for Cummins.

The Magpies tried hard to get back into the game without managing to trouble the scorers.

Brackley Town`s outside chances of making the top five were boosted by results above them and their 2-1 win over relegation-threatened AFC Telford United at St James`s Park.

The Bucks, who have now lost their last four league games, were caught out by a two-goal burst just before the interval, with Lee Ndlovu and Shane Byrne scoring for the Saints.

They pulled one back in the second half as Joel Dielna’s deflected free-kick went in, but were not able to find a leveller.

Telford slip to eighteenth in the table, three points above the drop zone.

Gloucester City are also still just about in with an outside shout after a comfortable 4-0 win against Alfreton Town at Whaddon Road.

It was a game to remember for Zack Kotwica as he struck a hat-trick for City.

He opened the scoring as early as the 6th minute, which was the half-time score.

And then 17 minutes from time, Kotwica added his and the Tigers second.

The former Cheltenham Town striker was brought down in the box for a penalty in the 79th minute, and he stepped up to take the spot-kick to complete his hat trick

Three minutes from time, Luke Hopper unleashed an unstoppable fourth past Fabien Spiess to add the icing on the cake for the rampant Tigers.

Bradford Park Avenue moved six points clear of the drop zone after virtually sealing Altrincham`s fate in a 2-1 win at the Horsfall Stadium.

Defeat means the Robins are sixteen points behind current fourth-bottom side Worcester City with only eighteen points left to fight for.

Oli Johnson gave Avenue a 16th minute lead, but Elliot Newby equalised within 12 minutes.

The outcome of the match probably turned barely 2 minutes into the second half when Newby was shown a red card for an alleged elbowing offence.

Avenue got the winner 10 minutes from time when a header by Chris Sharp came back off the top of the upright and fell for veteran defender Matt Hill to put into the net.

Worcester’s eighteen-match winless streak came to an end as they claimed a valuable 1-0 win against Stalybridge Celtic in a game played at Altrincham’s Moss Lane due to problems with Celtic`s Bower Fold pitch.

Jordan Murphy scored the crucial goal 3 minutes into the second half when he sprinted through before the ball tucking away.


About Author

Comments are closed.