Pitchero ad

Diamonds & Beaconsfield Stretch Out

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

AFC Rushden & Diamonds managed to get their game at Hayden Road against play-off chasers Chalfont St Peter on and celebrated with a hard-fought 1-0 win in front of a crowd of just under 600.

Drainage problems have caused issues with the pitch in recent weeks, but what turned out to be the only goal of the game came after 34 minutes when Tom Lorraine headed home.

Diamonds lead the table by three points from Beaconsfield Town, who beat Fleet Town 2-0 at Holloways Park.

Wes Daly gave the hosts a 10th minute lead, but, like at Hayden Road, it wasn`t a straightforward win and they couldn`t relax until Tre Mitford`s second a minute into stoppage time at the end of the game.

The top two hold a six-point lead over third-placed Hayes & Yeading United, with only five points separating them from seventh-placed Cambridge City in the race for the play-offs.

Hayes & Yeading stretched that advantage after beating Cambridge 2-0 at St Ives, thanks to goals in the final 19 minutes from Scott Donnelly and Toby Little.

Hartley Wintney, AFC Dunstable and Chalfont occupy the slots in between.

Hartley Wintney inflicted a 4-1 defeat on rock-bottom Arlesey Town, who actually took the lead on the hour-mark through Billy Lannon!

Paul Hodges equalised within 4 minutes and added a second on 75 minutes, with Adam Everiss and Jack French making the scoreline rather flattering on the home side with two more in the final 5 minutes.

AFC Dunstable drew 1-1 at Moneyfields, levelling 3 minutes from time through Jermaine Hall after Marley Ridge had put the Moneys in front 3 minutes into the second half.

Biggest winners of the day were mid-table Ashford Town (Middx) who hammered Kempston Rovers 7-1 at the Robert Parker Stadium.

Jack Beadle netted a hat-trick, James Cottee a brace and Alex Fisher and Romario Jonas singles in the rout – Jake Newman having levelled for the Walnut Boys.

Aylesbury United enjoyed a good 4-0 win against Egham Town at the Meadow, racing into a 3-0 interval lead through Jeanmal Prosper, Jack Wood and Greg Williams, with Ben Seaton adding the fourth 10 minutes from time.

Hanwell Town moved up to fourth-bottom after beating second-bottom Barton Rovers 4-1 at home, thanks to a Joe Chandiram brace sandwiched by Mergin Qarri and Harvey Killeen – Andrew Phillips replying.

A goal after 5 minutes from Curtis Chapple proved enough for Marlow at home to Northwood, while Luke Maguire and Kevin Warner scored after 22 and 32 minuets respectively after Harry Scott had given Aylesbury FC an 11th minute lead.

And a penalty by veteran striker Paul Benson after 63 minutes sealed Bedford Town`s victory at the New Eyrie against Thame United.


About Author

Comments are closed.