Pitchero ad

Good Day For Salford As Challengers Drop Points

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

It turned out to be a good Saturday for Salford City as they moved seven points clear at the top of the Vanarama National League North table.

The Ammies won 2-1 at Tamworth, while second-placed Harrogate Town were beaten 3-1 at fourth-placed Spennymoor Town.

Tamworth take the lead with a close-range header from Aman Verma from a Ben Fox cross.

It came from a swift counter after Jack Redshaw’s shot was blocked.

Salford free kick in Mark Shelton range dipping free kick left the Tamworth keeper with no chance

34: Hogan with a header from a Salford corner it beats the keeper but is hooked off the line by the defender

The corner came in, Phenix made a great run to the near post and glanced a header past the keeper into the bottom corner. 1-2

But 4 minutes from time, Bradley Reid missed a golden chance to pull the Lambs level but he headed wide from 6 yards out.

Harrogate’s run of seven consecutive away wins came to an end after they were beaten 3-1 by Spennymoor at the Brewery Field.

Moors took the lead just 2 minutes in as David Foley volleyed home on the turn from the edge of the area.

Sixteen minutes later, Glen Taylor made it 2-0 at the far post.

Andrew Nelson’s first goal for Harrogate after 34 minutes looked to make it an interesting second half, but Rob Redshaw’s 40th minute finish ensured a two-goal come back was too big an ask for the visitors.

Brackley secured a 2-0 win at St James`s Park against lowly Gainsborough Trinity.

It took the Saints until 18 minutes from time to break down a resolute Trinity defence when Aaron Williams stole a yard on a defender and drilled the ball past `keeper Henrich Ravas.

And just 4 minutes later it was 2-0 when Jimmy Armson got away and drew a defender before playing the ball to Shane Byrne who knocked it back to Armson who chipped into an empty net after rounding Ravas.

Blyth Spartans returned to winning ways with a 1-0 win over a battling Leamington side.

Spartans had visiting defender Junior English to thank for the three points after he turned Robbie Dale`s cross into his own net after 19 minutes.

Spartans were pushed all the way by the Brakes, but they did just enough to maintain fifth spot.

York City are sixth after edging out Alfreton Town by the odd goal in five at the Impact Arena.

Veteran striker Jon Parkin was once more the Minstermen`s hero.

The Minstermen were twice pegged back after strikes from Aidan Connolly on 13 minutes and Parkin on 52 minutes were cancelled out by Cieron Keane on 33 minutes and Brendon Daniels 10 minutes into the second half.

However, Parkin smashed in a penalty with 20 minutes remaining after Tom Platt had pulled back Gary Martin and was shown a second yellow card.

But the drama wasn’t finished there as 6 minutes later, new signing from Darlington, keeper Adam Bartlett, saved Bradley Wood’s 77th minute spot-kick.

It was a frustrating day for bottom-markers North Ferriby United, who suffered a twelfth defeat of the season to date at home against Bradford Park Avenue.

Curtis Bateson and Kuda Muskwe caused Avenue problems all afternoon, but they were frustrated, and they were eventually undone when Ollie Johnson scored what proved to be the only goal of the game in the 19th minute to keep the visitors in play-off contention.

Chorley were another frustrated outfit as they were held to a 2-2 draw at Victory Park by third-bottom Nuneaton Town.

However, considering Matt Jansen`s side found themselves 2-0 down, they would probably have settled for a point in the end.

Boro took an early 6th minute lead when Jordan Nicholson diverted the ball in from close range after Chorley had struggled to clear the danger.

And the visitors doubled their advantage 2 minutes into the second half when
Ashley Chambers beat the offside trap to race through to place his shot past Matt Urwin.

The comeback started just past the hour-mark when Josh O’Keefe managed to scramble the ball over the line from a Chris Blakeman corner.

And they equalised in the 83rd minute when Matt Hughes smashed the ball home after finding himself in acres of space in the area.

It also finished 2-2 between another of the strugglers, Boston United, and Stockport County at the Jakemans Stadium.

James Ball headed home Stockport County`s leveller in the 6th minute of time added on to deny Boston their first back-to-back success off the season.

Gregg Smith on the half-hour mark and then Jay Rollins on 54 minutes put the Pilgrims 2-0 up before Matty Warburton reduced the arrears on the hour-mark.

That looked to be enough for a second successive Boston win under caretaker boss Karl Hawley – until that late, late Ball leveller.

There was late drama too at Aggborough as Kidderminster Harriers and Darlington shared a 3-3 thriller.

Andre Brown after 15 minutes and then James McQuilkin on 38 minutes put Harriers in control.

Crucially though, the Quakers hit back in the final seconds of the first half through a Joel Taylor own goal.

Harriers restored their two-goal lead though 9 minutes after the restart when Elton Ngwatala curled home.

The visitors made it 2-3 after 79 minutes with a Terry Galbraith header, before Harriers` Tyrone Williams was sent-off after an altercation with Harvey Saunders.

With just a minute of normal left, a corner saw David Syers equalise to make it 3-3.

Curzon Ashton and Southport were two more sides to share the spoils at the Tameside Stadium.

All the main action came in the opening half, with Curzon taking a 9th minute lead through Ben Wharton.

Steve Schumacher levelled from the spot 9 minutes later and then on 23 minutes, Jordan Hallam gave Kevin Davies` Port side the lead.

However, right on the stroke of half-time, Niall Cummins pulled the Nash back on level terms.

FC United of Manchester moved out of the bottom three after a 3-1 win over AFC Telford United at Broadhurst Park.

In front of a crowd of 2,079, the home side had to come back from being an early 3rd minute Henry Cowans bullet goal behind to win.

Caretaker boss Tom Greaves equalised just shy of the half-hour mark

Eight minutes after the break, the Reds were in front through Jason Gilchrist, who added a third and his second 20 minutes later to leave the Bucks without a win in four matches.


About Author

Comments are closed.