Pitchero ad

Good Day For Salisbury As Peacocks Are Held

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The gap between Evo-Stik League South West leaders Taunton Town and second-placed Salisbury FC was reduced to eleven points on Saturday.

The Peacocks were held to a 1-1 draw at North Leigh, while the Whites saw off bottom side Bishops Cleeve 3-1 in Gloucestershire.

Craig Veal`s 15th minute opener for Taunton was cancelled out by Declan Shepperd 11 minutes into the second half.

An upset was on the cards for a while at Cleeve as they led through Ieuan Crowe`s 31st minute effort until the hour-mark when Owen Howe equalised.

George Colson made it 2-1 from the penalty spot in the 67th minute and Cleeve`s brave effort was finished by a second for Howe 6 minutes from time.

The only other side to win in the top seven on Saturday were Evesham United, who are now third, after they edged fifth-placed Bristol Manor Farm 1-0 at home, thanks to an early 8th minute Carl Brown goal.

Didcot Town moved above Manor Farm but could only draw 2-2 at mid-table Yate Town, who led through Adam Price and Steve Davies` penalty at the break.

George Leacock replied from the spot 8 minutes after half-time and then Callum McNish equalised in the 57th minute.

Wimborne Town are sixth and Winchester City seventh, level on 50 points, but both held to 1-1 draws on Saturday.

The Magpies at Cinderford Town, whose Richard Greaves gave them an early 8th minute lead that Luke Burbidge levelled after 63 minutes, while City couldn`t beat second-bottom Barnstaple Town at home, with Pat Cox`s 55th minute penalty being cancelled out by Barum`s Alex Gray just past the hour-mark.

Swindon Supermarine moved to within a point of the two above them after hammering Shortwood United 5-1 at the WebbsWood.

Callum Parsons and Brad Hooper both bagged braces for `Marine with Joe Selman adding the other – Jack Freeman netting a stoppage time consolation.

Third-bottom Slimbridge lost 2-0 at home to Mangotsfield United, whose Kyle Tooze and Kane Simpson notched in either half, while Conor McDonagh netted a hat-trick as Kidlington won 4-0 at Bideford AFC – Mark Janes added the other.

Larkhall Athletic led Cirencester Town 3-1 at home with 2 minutes to go but were pegged back to 3-3.

After Ben Whitehead`s 21st minute penalty gave Ciren the lead, Joe Tumelty and a Matt Britton brace turned the game in the Larks favour.

But Will Christopher and Alan Griffin snatched late goals for the visitors.


About Author

Former Swansea City and Kettering Town defender who has been managing the likes of Kettering Town u18s, Rothwell Town, Desborough Town and Wellingborough Town for 33 years as well as being technical director at AFC Rushden & Diamonds. Began in non-League journalism as editor of Team Talk magazine back in the early 1990s and then as editor of Non-League Daily, joining Pitchero to set up Pitchero Non-League in January 2011. Also works for the National League.

Comments are closed.