Pitchero ad

Hamlet Put Off-Field Problems Behind Them To Go Seven Points Clear At The Top

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Dulwich Hamlet may be having off-field problems but there`s little going wrong on the field at present as their 4-1 win at a Metropolitan Police side that started Saturday in second spot, took them seven points clear at the top of the Bostik League Premier table.

It was a terrific performance from Gavin Rose`s side, who took a 15th minute lead through Reise Allassani and the same player added number two just 4 minutes later.

Mark Weatherstone made it 3-0 just past the half-hour mark and it was game over with only 39 minutes gone on the clock as Anthony Acheampong added Hamlet`s fourth.

The second half was all about game management, but the Met did at least `win` the second half with a Zack Newton effort in the 68th minute.

The Met dropped to fourth and were overtaken by Folkestone Invicta, who are now second, and Billericay Town, who have five games in hand on the leaders.

Neil Cugley`s Invicta won 2-1 at mid-table Brightlingsea Regent, taking a 28th minute lead through Sam Hasler.

Matt Cripps equalised 7 minutes after the break and that looked as though it was going to earn a point, especially when Adam Yusuff crashed an effort off the crossbar.

But it was Yusuff who won it for the Kent side when he kept his cool to convert a stoppage time penalty.

Billericay eased to a 4-2 win at second-bottom Harlow Town.

However, it could have been a whole lot different

Andrea Mayasi had put the Hawks ahead direct from a free-kick after 20 minutes before recent signing Sanchez Watt’s header drew Billericay level 9 minutes later.

But on the hour-mark, Harlow’s Ibrahima Sonko saw red after two soft second half bookings.

However, the Hawks immediately re-took the lead through Junior Dadson.

The visitors equalised from the penalty spot on 78 minutes before Adam Cunnington’s low drive put them ahead 2 minutes later.

With Harlow pushing for a later equaliser, Billericay countered to hit their fourth through Louie Theophanous and kill of any hopes of a point for the Hawks.

Staines Town occupy fifth place after inflicting a 5-1 drubbing on Merstham at Moatside – and they finished with ten-men too!

Lewis Driver gave the Swans an early 5th minute lead that Mo Bettamer doubled after 26 minutes.

Stephan Hamilton-Forbes reduced the deficit 10 minutes later, only for Bayley Brown to make it 3-1 on 38 minutes and then Tommy Brewer added a fourth right on half-time.

Bettamer was shown a straight red card on 65 minutes but the ten-man made it a nap hand through an Elliot Buchanan penalty 5 minutes later.

Hamilton-Forbed evened the numbers up on the pitch when he was also sent for an early shower 10 minutes from time.

Hendon dropped out of the top five after sharing a 2-2 draw at the Silver Jubilee against Burgess Hill Town.

It was just before half-time that the Greens took the lead when Dave Diedhiou bundled the ball home from close range.

Burgess Hill were much improved in the second half and equalised in the 89th minute through Aaron Smith-Joseph.

Within a couple of minutes they had taken the lead through Pat Harding and it looked as though all three points were going to the visitors.

However, a Burgess Hill defender committed a foul a couple of yards outside the box, and Zak Joseph stepped up to fire home a free-kick 2 minutes into time added on at the end of the game.

Margate are seventh after completing a 2-0 win at the Crown Ground against a Lowestoft Town side who finished with nine-men.

Kane Haysman gave the Kent side a 39th minute lead.

The Trawlerboys had striker Jake Reed dismissed on 68 minutes and Travis Cole on 78 minutes – from which Jordan Chiedozie added Gate`s second from the resulting penalty.

There were nine goals at Longmead between Tonbridge Angels and Needham Market.

Joe Turner`s early 9th minute penalty gave Angels a lead that Diaz Wright cancelled out 8 minutes later.

Callum Harrison then gave the visitors a 32nd minute advantage, only for Nathan Elder to make it 2-2 just 9 minutes later.

Alex Akfori then put Angels ahead again 3 minutes after the interval and Elder`s second on the hour-mark stretched the home side`s lead to 4-2.

Back came the Marketmen to pull level with goals from Dan Morphew from the spot after 71 minutes and Jamie Griffiths on 85 minutes, only for sub Tashi-Jay Kwayie to grab Angels` winner in stoppage time.

There were seven goals at Earlsmead as Harrow Borough fell to a 4-3 defeat to Dorking Wanderers.

The visitors raced into a 3-0 lead with goals from Tom Tolfrey after 17 minutes, Lewis Taylor 3 minutes later and Matt Briggs 3 minutes after that.

Boro fought back with Ryan Moss on the half-hour mark and Kurtis Cumberbatch 7 minutes later.

And then on 65 minutes, Mike Bryan equalised, only for Chris Boulter to win it for Dorking in the 83rd minute.

Tooting & Mitcham United`s improved form continued as they edged out neighbours Kingstonian by the odd goal in five at the KNK Stadium.

A Marvin Elliott own goal after 24 minutes set the Terrors up and 4 minutes later, Peter Wedgeworth doubled their lead.

Elliott scored at the right end just shy of the hour-mark, but Mike Dixon restored Tooting`s two-goal lead 4 minutes later, although Tom Derry did cause a nervy end with an 83rd minute second for K`s.

Simon Thomas bagged a brace as Enfield Town saw off Thurrock 3-1 at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium.

Thomas struck in the 6th and 50th minutes, sandwiched by a 15th minute Joel Nouble reply.

Ryan Blake made it 3-1 in stoppage time at the end of the game.

Leiston earned a point from a 1-1 draw from their long journey to Worthing.

Reece Hallard gave the Rebels a 16th minute lead, but the Suffolk visitors took a point home, courtesy of Matt Blake`s 36th minute leveller.


About Author

Comments are closed.