Pitchero ad

Hawks Are Relegated

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

In the Vanarama National League South on Tuesday night, Dartford moved three points clear at the top of the table, while Whitehawk had relegation confirmed after going down to a battling 4-3 defeat at play-off chasing Braintree Town.

A goal in the 78th minute when Danny Mills headed in a Ryan Hayes cross took the Darts to a seventh straight win against East Thurrock United at the FutureFuel Stadium and three points clear of Havant & Waterlooville with two to play.

It was a real see-saw encounter at The Ironmongery Direct Stadium which finally condemned Whitehawk to relegation and lifted Braintree to within a point of the top seven.

Marc Okoye gave the Iron a 20th minute lead that Lloyd Macklin cancelled out just 7 minutes later.

Yannis Ambroisine then put the Hawks ahead after 36 minutes – a lead they held until half-time.

It wasn`t until 16 minutes from the end of normal time that Jonathan Muleba pulled the home side back on level terms, only for Macklin to give the visitors` hope when he put them 3-2 up in the 82nd minute.

But the home side poured forward looking to maintain their push for the play-offs and were rewarded 3 minutes later with a Reece Grant equaliser, and then 4 minutes into stoppage time, the same player popped up with Braintree`s winner.

Hampton & Richmond Borough moved level on points with third-placed Chelmsford City after pushing Poole Town further towards the trap door following a 1-0 win at Tatnam.

An early 5th minute Charlie Wassmer effort in the end proved enough for the Beavers to leave the Dolphins to battle it out with fourth-bottom Hungerford Town for the final play off spot, with Poole needing to win all three matches and effectively hope Hungerford lose theirs as the gap is five points.

Concord Rangers all but assured their place for next season after beating already relegated Bognor Regis Town 2-1 at The Aspect Arena.

The Beachboys were fast out of the tracks and ahead through Immanuel Ighorae after just 3 minutes.

Steve Cawley eventually doubled the hosts` lead just past the hour-mark, and although Ibra Sekajja pulled one back with 15 minutes remaining, Concord held on for a crucial three points.

The result leaves Concord eight points above Poole with three games remaining.

Hungerford suffered a 2-1 defeat at Treyew Road against sixth-placed Truro City.

The Crusaders battled hard and held the White Tigers to a 0-0 scoreline at the break.

But 11 minutes into the second half, Connor Riley-Lowe broke the deadlock to give the Cornish side the lead and Niall Thompson doubled that lead with 13 minutes remaining, rendering Conor Lynch`s reply in stoppage time as just a consolation.

St Albans City bolstered their play-off chances with a 4-1 win at Evesham against mid-table Gloucester City.

It was a memorable night for the Saints` Sam Merson, as he hit a 10-minute second half hat-trick after Tom Bender had given his side a 42nd minute lead.

That had been cancelled out though by Robbie Cundy right on the stroke of half-time.

But the pivotal moment came after 73 minutes when the Tigers had Cundy dismissed for a second bookable offence after bringing down Merson in the box.

Merson converted the resulting spot-kick and then added further goals in the 81st and 84th minutes to give the Saints a two-point cushion in the top seven battle.


About Author

Comments are closed.