Pitchero ad

Leaders Beaten Making It A Good Day For Billericay!

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

It was a good day all round for Billericay Town as they progressed in the Buildbase FA Trophy and saw Bostik League Premier title rivals Dulwich Hamlet suffer a 1-0 defeat at Margate.

A first defeat in seven for Hamlet came right at the end when Kane Haysman struck the only goal of the game with a powerful drive with less than 5 minutes remaining at Hartsdown Park in front of a crowd of 860.

The result lifts Margate into eighth place, four points adrift of the top five, while Hamlet still lead the table by five points, but Billericay now possess six games in hand.

Staines Town lifted themselves to third in a tight top ten after winning 2-0 at Thurrock.

The Essex side came into the game in reasonable form, but goals from Lewis Driver after 55 minutes and Ben Martin 17 minuets from time ended their three-game unbeaten run.

Only seven points separate Staines from tenth-placed Wingate & Finchley, who were 2-0 winners at home to fifth-bottom Harlow Town, courtesy of a Sean Cronin penalty after 28 minutes and then Rob Laney 8 minutes after the break.

Metropolitan Police and Leatherhead were the only others in that group to play on Saturday and both won.

The Met won 2-0 at second-bottom Tooting & Mitcham United, thanks to goals in the last 13 minutes from Jonny Wright and new signing Alec Fiddes.

The Tanners won 1-0 at Fetcham Grove to eleventh-placed Tonbridge Angels, with Tom Richards` 31st minute effort proving decisive.

None of the bottom five managed to pick up a point on Saturday.

Burgess Hill Town remain bottom, four points behind Tooting with three games in hand, after going down to a 3-2 defeat at the Green Elephant Stadium to Harrow Borough.

Boro raced into a 2-0 lead inside the opening 7 minutes from Michael Bryan and Ryan Moss.

But Connor Tighe after 32 minutes and new signing Stephane Ngamvoulou on 68 minutes pulled the Hillians level, only for George Moore to win it for the visitors in the 82nd minute.

Third-bottom Worthing lost 3-0 at the Taydal Stadium to mid-table Brightlingsea Regent, whose Billy Hunt bagged a brace in the 73rd from the spot and 87th minutes after Josh Gould had broken the deadlock in the 70th minute.

The Rebels had Alfie Young dismissed for two bookable offences in the 81st minute.

Needham Market are the other side in the bottom five and they lost 2-1 at Bloomfields to Kingstonian.

Recent loan signing Louie Theophanous bagged a brace for K`s in the 2nd and 46th minutes – John Sands` reply not arriving until stoppage time at the end of the game.

Two mid-table battled both ended in draws, with Lowestoft Town and Dorking Wanderers sharing a 0-0 draw at Crown Meadow – the visitors holding on with ten-men for the last 3 minutes or so after a straight red card for Jerome Beckles.

And it finished 2-2 at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium between Enfield Town and Merstham where the Moatsiders came back from two-down from Liam Hope after 4 minutes and Ryan Blackman after 38 minutes.

Tom Kavanagh pulled the first back 6 minutes after the interval and Liam Harwood equalised with 3 minutes to go.


About Author

Comments are closed.