Pitchero ad

It`s As You Were As Leading Sides All Draw

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

It`s as you were at the top of the Evo-Stik League South Premier table after three of top four in action were all held to draws.

Mid-table Frome Town produced a fine battling performance to hold leaders King`s Lynn Town to a goalless draw in Somerset.

That could have given second-placed Kettering Town the opportunity to return to the summit as they hosted third-bottom Kings Langley.

However, the Poppies led after an early 7th minute goal from top scorer Aaron O’Connor and, despite numerous good chances coming their way, were unable to find the second goal that would have killed the game off.

But Kings Langley defied their league position and, 2 minutes into stoppage time at the end of the game, Rene Howe headed a corner into his own net, although the visitors were claiming that Callum Adebiyi had got the final touch.

With third-placed Hereford FC on Buildbase FA Trophy action, Weymouth had the chance to move above them when they travelled to Stratford Town.

But like King`s Lynn, the Terras were also unable to find a goal as the game ended in stalemate.

Tiverton Town are fifth and complete the current play-off picture.

The Yellows made light work of bottom side Gosport Borough, winning 5-0 at Privett Park.

Levi Landricombe opened the scoring after 26 minutes and brother Michael added a second on 34 minutes, with Jamie Short quickly adding a third 3 minutes later.

Jared Lewington made it 4-0 with 20 minutes remaining, and Jordan Rogers made it a nap hand 5 minutes from time.

Royston Town`s terrific first season at this level continues to impress and the Crows are now sixth, four points behind the play-off places, after matching Tivvy`s scoreline at second-bottom Dunstable Town.

Adam Marriott after 19 minutes and Scott Bridges 5 minutes later gave the visitors a two-goal interval lead.

Bridges added his second and Royston`s third on 67 minutes and then Marriott went on to complete his hat-trick with a 75th minute penalty and a 79th minute effort from open play.

Banbury United are seventh, just a point behind Royston, as they also went nap on their travels at Bishop`s Stortford.

The Puritans led 3-0 at the break, thanks to an Elliot Sandy brace in the 6th and 30th minutes and one from Conor McDonagh.

Luke Carnell made it 4-0 on the hour-mark and Tom Winters wrapped things up on 76 minutes.

Chesham United weren`t far behind in the goalscoring stakes, beating Basingstoke Town 4-1 at The Meadow.

Oran Swales put the Generals in front after 23 minutes and 8 minutes later Shane Bush doubled their lead, with Kieran Murphy making it 3-0 at the break.

Callum Bunting reduced the deficit for `Stoke after 68 minutes, but Bush`s second 4 minutes later restored the Generals` three-goal advantage.

It took just one goal from Nathan Hicks after 25 minutes to eventually earn Biggleswade Town all three points at Top Field against Hitchin Town, as it did for Archie Collins on the half-hour mark for Dorchester Town at the Avenue Stadium against Redditch United.

The day`s other game saw Farnborough`s new-look side share a 2-2 Rushmoor Community Stadium draw with Merthyr Town.

It was goalless until the 68th minute when Connor Calcutt put Boro in front.

Ian Traylor equalised in the 76th minute and 5 minutes later, the same player had the Martyrs in front.

But Dan Walker grabbed Boro`s leveller with 3 minutes remaining.


About Author

Comments are closed.