Pitchero ad

Peacocks Extend Their Advantage – Salisbury Hit Kidlington For Six

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Taunton Town moved seven points clear at the top of the Evo-Stik League South West table – and with two games in hand on most around them – after beating Barnstaple Town 3-0 at Wordsworth Drive on Tuesday night.

In front of a crowd of 313, the Peacocks took a 33rd minute lead when Dan Sullivan twisted and turned inside the area and drilled his shot into the bottom corner.

And then right on the stroke of half-time, Barum `keeper Grant Fisher saved Matt Wright’s header, but Ryan Brett was on hand to tap in the rebound.

Four minutes into the second half, Ollie Chamberlain was pushed in the back and the referee pointed to the spot.

Fisher saved Ben Adelsbury’s spot-kick but the ball is returned to the far post for an oncoming Matt Buse to make it 3-0 and game over.

Salisbury FC moved into fourth place – ten points behind Taunton – after hammering eleventh-placed Kidlington 6-1 at the Raymond McEnhill Stadium.

Kidlington arrived in Wiltshire having not lost in the league for thirteen matches.

But they were swept away by a powerful performance from Steve Claridge`s men, who raced into a 4-0 lead by half-time, thanks to an own goal from Tom Franklin after 8 minutes, recent signing Owen Howe 9 minutes later, Stuart Green on 34 minutes and Lewis Benson right on the break.

Mark Janes pulled one back for the visitors 5 minutes after the restart, but Green made it a nap hand for the Whites with his second on 73 minutes and then Kidlington’s Elliott Osbourne-Ricketts was shown a straight red card for an alleged stamp on his opponent, after he had been initially fouled.

Howe made it 6-1 in the 2nd minute of stoppage time.

There was only one goal at Paulton Rovers, and it came from their own Joe Guest, whose 61st minute own goal gifted North Leigh all three points.

Swindon Supermarine had a chance to join Bristol Manor Farm in joint second spot when they travelled to Shortwood United.

But it was the hosts who recorded back-to-back wins, thanks to Liam Meredith after 37 minutes, recent signing Nick Humphreys after 73 minutes and then Jordan Morris 2 minutes into time added on – all after Sam Morris had given `Marine a 29th minute lead.

Mangotsfield United moved off second-bottom spot after sharing a 1-1 Cossham Street draw with Cinderford Town.

The Mangos led through Simon Gilbert`s 11th minute penalty.

But Craig Norman equalised for the Foresters 11 minutes from time.

The only game in the Evo-Stik South East on Tuesday night saw neighbours Egham Town and Ashford Town (Middx) share a 1-1 draw at the Runnymede Stadium.

It was a case of goals at crucial times for both – with the Ash Trees opening the scoring right on the cusp of half-time, and Mitch Wiseman equalising in stoppage time at the end of the game for the Sarnies.


About Author

Comments are closed.