Pitchero ad

Quartet Lead The Way In the National League South

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

A quartet of teams lead the way in the Vanarama National League South after Dartford, Truro City and St Albans City earned victories to follow East Thurrock United`s win 24 hours earlier.

Dartford moved to the early-season table with a 4-2 victory over Eastbourne Borough at Princes Park.

In front of a crowd of 702, Boro were dominant for the first 20 minutes before against the run of play the hosts took the lead with a low drive from Alex Brown.

This prompted a spell of Dartford pressure but the score remained 1-0 until half-time.

On the hour-mark, Dartford doubled their lead when a corner was headed home simply at the back post by Alfie Pavey.

And 14 minutes later a free-kick was again headed home by Elliot Bradbrook for number three.

With 7 minutes to go, Jamie Taylor fired home giving Eastbourne a glimpse of hope. However, on 87 minutes an attempt at a quick free-kick saw Tom Murphy race clear and score number four.

There was still time for a Lee Noble own goal to gift a second for Boro but it was too little too late for Jamie Howell`s side.

Truro battled out a fifth win in a row with a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Chippenham Town at a very wet Treyew Road.

After a goalless opening 45 minutes, Rocky Neal came off the bench at the break and it didn’t take him long to make his mark as 6 minutes later he found the net to put the White Tigers in front.

A brave block denied the in-form Noah Keats as he looked to make the game safe with just over 10 minutes to go and then on 87 minutes Chippenham were reduced to ten men when Andy Sandell was dismissed.

St Albans bounced back from a run of three games without a win by beating Havant & Waterlooville 2-1 at Clarence Park.

But the Saints left it very, very late.

Charlie Walker had deflected in the opening goal for City on 15 minutes only for Bradley Tarbuck to level for the Hawks after 67 minutes.

But in the 3rd minute of stoppage time and the game seemingly heading for a draw, Sam Merson got on the end of Rhys Murrell-Williamson’s knock-down to fire home from close range.

Welling United made it back-to-back wins for the first time since April, after claiming a hard-fought win against bottom-markers Whitehawk.

Harry Phipps saw a header cleared off the line for a corner after 28 minutes, and from that set-piece, Phipps rose highest to power Jack Jebb`s corner into the bet for what proved to be the only goal of the game.

Hemel Hempstead Town made it three wins in a row after beating promoted Bognor Regis Town 3-1 at Vauxhall Road.

Jordan Parkes gave the Tudors a 25th minute lead that Jimmy Muitt levelled within 10 minutes.

Ten minutes after half-time, Rowan Liburd restored Hemel`s lead and Charlie Sheringham made sure they maintained their good run with a third goal with 10 minutes left of normal time.

Braintree Town bounced back from the disappointment of their display at Hemel last weekend with a 1-0 win in their Essex derby at Concord Rangers.

Phil Roberts’ 11th minute strike eventually proved enough for the Iron to claim all three points against the Beachboys.

Spectators at Marsh Lane watching Oxford City are certainly getting their money`s worth at present!

Last Saturday City shared a 3-3 draw with East Thurrock United – and on Tuesday on a wet and windy night City and Weston-super-Mare played out another entertaining 3-3 outceome.

Both sides ended the game with ten-men, Weston’s Aden Baldwin seeing red for a professional foul in the 28th minute before Freddie Grant received a second yellow card with 15 minutes to play.

Dayle Grubb had given the Seagulls the boost of an early 2nd minute lead that Godfrey Poku cancelled out 12 minutes later.

Grubb restored the now ten-man visitors` lead 5 minutes before the break and 9 minutes after the restart, Reece Fleet equalised.

Two minutes after the numbers on the pitch were levelled, Zac McEachran put City 3-2 up, only for Rapai Irnti to earn Weston a point just 2 minutes later.


About Author

Comments are closed.