Pitchero ad

Ray Simpson`s Midweek Northern League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Shildon are still unbeaten in the Ebac Northern League First Division, but they were held to a 2-2 draw by North Shields at Dean Street on Wednesday night.

Shields had two good chances through Lee Mason and Dan Wilson early in the game, but missed them both, and before half-time Shildon player-manager Bobby Moore had an effort off the Shields line.

But Shildon took the lead on 48 minutes when Billy Greulich-Smith nodded the ball across the area for Micky Rae to chest down and fire past the Shields keeper.

However, Shields levelled on 67 minutes through James Luccock from a Mason free-kick.

But 3 minutes later Shildon were back in front when Adam Burnicle fired home from the edge of the box.

With a minute left, Gary Ormston levelled with a bullet header.

Bishop Auckland were beaten by a last-minute goal at home to Ashington.

Bishops nearly took the lead on 5 minutes with a deflected free-kick by Priestley Griffiths that Ashington `keeper Conor Grant just managed to parry, then Thomas McAloon saw a left-foot shot from ten yards deflected wide.

Ashington had a great chance when Ben Harmison broke clean through, but scooped his effort over the bar.

Bishops sub Andy Johnson had a great chance to win the game, but missed from a couple of yards.

However, Bishops were opened up in the last minute of normal time when Dale Pearson broke up the left and set up Harmison to score from a few yards.

In the Second Division, Chester-le-Street had a good 1-0 away win at Blyth AFC, Dan Maddison scoring their goal just on the hour-mark.

Brandon United beat Crook Town 2-0 in their local derby with goals by Anthony Phillipson and Kieron Duffy-Weekes.

Northallerton Town won 2-0 at Esh Winning.

Northallerton took a first-minute lead through Stephen Cheeseman and Jack Proctor headed the second near the end.

Tow Law Town drew 2-2 at Heaton Stannington.

The Stann took a first half lead through Lee Johnson, but just after half-time Dean Thexton equalised from a corner.

Matt Soulsby fired Lawyers into the lead on 50 minutes, but then they had Lewis Brown sent-off.

Dean Imray levelled for Heaton in the last minute.

Willington lost 3-0 at home to Ryton & Crawcrook Albion.

The visitors went in front, thanks to an early goal by Martin Hepple, then Liam Anderson put them 2-0 up just after half-time.

Callum Turnbull made it 3-0 from the spot.


About Author

Comments are closed.