Pitchero ad

Shaw Lane Lose Top Spot

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Shaw Lane AFC lost for the first time in seven outings to lose top spot to Warrington Town in the Evo-Stik League Premier on Saturday.

A goal from Matt Stenson just shy of the hour-mark for Barwell at Kirkby Road eventually proved enough to knock Shaw Lane off their perch.

Warrington, meanwhile, won 2-1 at Cantilever Park against Whitby Town to top the table on goal difference.

James McCarten broke the deadlock on the hour-mark to give the home side a lead that Josh Hine doubled 10 minutes from time.

Matty Tymon netted a stoppage time consolation for the Seasiders.

In front of 984 at Moss Lane, Altrincham moved up a place to third with a comfortable 4-0 win against a Rushall Olympic side reduced to ten-men after 50 minutes when Kristian Scott was shown a red card for hauling down Josh Hancock when already trailing 2-0.

Ben Harrison after 17 minutes and Hancock on 38 minutes had given Alty their advantage.

John Johnston then added a third on 73 minutes and Jordan Hulme made it 4-0 a minute from time.

Farsley Celtic made it three wins in a row as James Walshaw hit a brace to secure a 2-0 victory against Nantwich Town and move into fourth spot.

Walshaw broke the deadlock at Throstle Nest after 67 minutes and then sealed victory 8 minutes from time.

Stourbridge dropped to fifth after Halesowen Town took the local bragging rights with a 2-1 victory at the War Memorial Ground.

In front of a terrific crowd of 2,306, Daniel Udoh scored twice from Halesowen counter attacks after 6 and 44 minutes and, despite a Ryan Rowe goal in the 63rd minute, the Glassboys couldn’t salvage anything from the derby.

Halesowen moved up to third-bottom, relegating Sutton Coldfield Town to second-from-bottom after the Royals were beaten 2-0 at Coles Lane by Lancaster City.

Oliver Wood broke the deadlock to give the Dolly Blues the lead on the hour-mark.

And a Louis Mayers goal in stoppage time confirmed the points went back north.

A Tyler Weir goal 12 minutes from time earned Hednesford Town a third successive win at Keys Park against Witton Albion.

And Stalybridge Celtic maintained their improved form with a fourth game without defeat, beating Matlock Town 4-1 at Bower Fold.

Liam Dickinson gave the hosts a 24th minute half-time lead.

Theo Bailey-Jones then bagged a brace in the 62nd and 81st minutes and then Jake Charles and the Gladiators Adam Etches swapped stoppage time goals to make it 4-1.

Connor Tinnion`s 34th minute penalty proved enough in the end to earn Workington AFC all three points at Borough Park against Coalville Town, while Buxton came from being an early 5th minute George Lomax goal down to beat Marine AFC 2-1 at Silverlands.

Luke Hinsley equalised on the half-hour mark and then Liam Hardy won it for the Bucks on the hour-mark.

Jack Sherratt gave Stafford Rangers a 20th minute lead at The Meres against Grantham Town.

Izak Reid then doubled that advantage after 31 minutes, with Lee Shaw`s penalty 5 minutes from time all the Gingerbreads could muster in response.

Ashton United got the better of a high-scoring encounter at the Don Amott Arena against hosts Mickleover Sports, having initially seen a two-goal lead evaporate in the second half.

Jack Dyche`s 27th minute goal for the visitors separated the teams at the break.

Nic Evangelinos doubled Ashton`s lead 10 minutes into the second half, only for Andy Dales on 75 minutes and Evan Garnett 2 minutes later to pull Sports level.

But Matty Chadwick on 83 minutes and Liam Tomsett a minute later pulled United in front again, with Chadwick adding his second and Ashton`s fifth in stoppage time.


About Author

Comments are closed.