Pitchero ad

Shaw Lane Show No Signs Of Blowing Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Shaw Lane AFC, promoted from the Evo-Stik League South at the end of last season, show no signs of blowing up as they lead the Evo-Stik Premier by three points following a 3-1 win at Mickleover Sports on Tuesday night.

Damian Reeves is beginning to show the form that made him a feared striker in the Vanarama National League with a second successive brace – this one coming within 2 minutes of each other midway through the first half.

Pablo Mills pulled one back for Sports just before the break, but a third 4 minutes from time by Chib Chilaka ensured Shaw Lane went home with the points.

Lancaster City, also promoted at the end of last season, started the season with an eight-game unbeaten run.

However, Tuesday night`s 5-1 drubbing at Cantilever Park by second-placed Warrington Town was the Dolly Blues` third consecutive defeat.

James Barrigan gave the Wire an early 4th minute lead that Liam Goulding doubled 10 minutes before half-time.

Sean Williams made it 3-0 with 64 minutes gone on the clock and, after Oliver Wood had reduced the deficit on 79 minutes, Warrington responded within a minute from Caleb Richards to make it game over at 4-1, with Jamie McDonald adding a fifth in stoppage time.

Altrincham moved up to fourth in the table after inflicting a similar result on Nantwich Town at Moss Lane.

Three goals inside 10 minutes before the interval determined the outcome, with Tom Hannigan after 37 minutes and goals in the 45th minute from Jordan Hulme and John Johnstone 2 minutes into injury-time left Altrincham in command.

Nantwich tried to get back into the game but went four-down on the hour-mark when Josh Hancock fired home.

But Alty allowed Toby Mullarkey a free header to make it 4-1 in the 90th minute, only for the Robins to make it a nap hand in the 4th minute of stoppage time when Hancock drove home.

After evacuating The Meres pre-match due to the fire alarm going off, Grantham Town set the ground alight by scoring SEVEN times against Rushall Olympic.

Jordan Hempenstall put the Gingerbreads in front 9 minutes after the delay and an Andy Wright penalty doubled that lead 9 minutes later.

Kailan Gould reduced the arrears 3 minutes later, only for the hosts to go into the half-time break 5-1 up after goals from Oliver Luto on 31 minutes, Wright again 8 minutes later and Mike Hollingsworth right on the whistle.

Wright completed his hat-trick 4 minutes after the interval and Luto grabbed his second of the game 19 minutes from time to make it 7-1.

Bottom-markers Halesowen Town picked up a useful point from a 1-1 draw at Kirkby Road against Barwell.

The Leicestershire side broke the deadlock just shy of the hour-mark through Kyle Perry and Jack Kelly earned parity for the Yeltz with 19 minutes remaining.

Stalybridge Celtic moved up to fourth-bottom after beating Whitby Town 3-1 at Bower Fold.

Former Manchester United youngster John Cofie gave the hosts an 11th minute lead that Ross Killock eventually added to 5 minutes after half-time.

A Jack Walton own goal 5 minutes from time gave the Seasiders hope of a point, but Liam Dickinson quashed that idea when he added Celtic`s third in stoppage time.

Brad Abbott gave Buxton an early 5th minute lead at Silverlands against Witton Albion.

And a second, right on the stroke of half-time, from Sam Smith eventually proved enough for the Bucks.

An own goal from Peter Wylie after just 3 minutes put visiting Marine AFC on the backfoot at Borough Park against Workington AFC.

Nathan Waterson eventually added a second for the Reds on the hour-mark and, although Danny Mitchley replied 12 minutes from time, the Marinbers weren`t able to find a leveller.

Recent signing Ed Mbunga proved to be Hednesford Town`s hero as the Pitmen moved into mid-table following a 2-0 Keys Park victory over Matlock Town.

Signed from Vanarama National League South side Gloucester City last week, Mbunga scored in the 51st and 68th minutes to seal Hednesford`s victory.


About Author

Comments are closed.