Pitchero ad

South Shields March On

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

South Shields march on in the Evo-Stik League North after a 2-1 win at Holt House against Colne FC on Tuesday night made it six wins out of seven for the Ebac Northern League and Buildbase FA Vase champions.

But they were made to battle for the points in dreadful conditions.

Michael Robinson put Shields in front after 31 minutes and, after Chris Lynch equalised 2 minutes after the break, Dillon Morse restored the visitors` advantage 8 minutes later with what proved to be the winner.

Hyde United maintained their unbeaten start to the new season with a 3-0 win at a Colwyn Bay outfit who started the evening also having not lost in six games.

It was goalless at the break, but immediately after it, Luke Porritt put the Tigers ahead.

A Matty Beadle penalty midway through the second half doubled the visitors` lead and Chris Sutherland made it game over a minute from time with number three.

Ossett Albion and Goole AFC continue to search for their first win of 2017/18 after both suffered their seventh defeats.

Albion lost 5-2 at Dimple Wells to Yorkshire rivals Scarborough Athletic, whose Michael Coulson netted a hat-trick in the 36th, 62nd and 70th minutes after Emile Sinclair had given them an 8th minute lead.

Albion pulled two back in a minute shortly afterwards from Nathan Curtis and Kieran Scargill, but Luke Dean`s 88th minute fifth made it a nap hand for Boro.

The Vikings were beaten 3-0 at the Victoria Pleasure Grounds by Albion`s close neighbours Ossett Town.

Alex Peterson bagged a brace for Ossett in the 12th and 51st minutes, sandwiched by a Kai Hancock effort after 36 minutes.

Radcliffe Borough lost 4-0 at home to Prescot Cables – a result which signalled the end of Boro boss Joe Gibbons` spell in charge (see separate news item).

It was all over bar the shouting by half-time as goals from Tunde Owolabi after 8 minutes, Jordan Wynne`s brace in the 12th from the spot and 24th minutes and Dominic Marie`s fourth right on half-time.

Clitheroe also scored four away from home at the appropriately-named Stormy Corner where veteran striker Richard Brodie gave the home side a 6th minute lead from the spot.

But Ollie Crankshaw, Kurt Willoughby and Ryan Ellison replied to put the Blues 3-1 up by half-time, and a second for Willoughby on 54 minutes added the icing on the cake for the visitors.

In contrast, there were no goals at Seel Park between Mossley AFC and Tadcaster Albion, while Kendal Town were another side to hit four, this time at home against Trafford.

Connor Gaul gave the Mintcakes an early 11th minute lead that Paul Linwood cancelled out 5 minutes later.

Scott Sephton then put the visitors ahead 5 minutes later, but second half goals from Rob Bowman with two – the second from the spot – and Richard Seear completed Kendal`s win.


About Author

Comments are closed.