Pitchero ad

New Ownership & Management At London Colney

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

London Colney are delighted to announce that a consortium headed up by former Peterborough, Watford and Birmingham forward Ken Charlery have agreed to become the new custodians of the club with immediate effect.

The Blueboys, founded in 1907, were perilously close to folding this month but will now take their place for the 2017/18 season in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division in which it finished last season as champions.

Charlery and his assistant Stuart Crawford have already begun work on assembling the squad for the coming season and details of forthcoming pre-season friendlies will be announced in the coming weeks.

The new consortium would like to place on record its thanks to Tony Clafton and Dave Brock for making this happen so smoothly and effortlessly and also to the committee members for its tireless work over the years in taking London Colney to the level it is now at.

Charlery is a former St Lucian international, who has played club football in England with Birmingham City and for Basildon United, Watford, Peterborough, Boston United and Barnet among others.

Ken Charlery

He obtained legendary status in his first spell at Peterborough by scoring 2 goals in the 1992 Third Division play-off final including an 89th minute winner.

He was working as assistant-manager at Harrow Borough before returning to Posh as an assistant coach to help Andy Legg and Barry Fry until the end of the 2005/06 season.

Charlery then returned to Harrow where he helped them gain a place in the Ryman League Premier Division play-offs in 2010/11.

In the summer of 2011 he moved to St Albans City to be assistant-manager under David Howell.

Then, in November 2015, Charlery was appointed manager of Ware.

Crawford started his career at York City where he spent two successful years when they won promotion from the old Fourth Division to the old Third Division along with their famous FA Cup achievements of knocking Arsenal out and then holding the great Liverpool side to a 1-1 draw at Bootham crescent, before losing the replay at Anfield 7-0.

After his release by York he signed for Farsley Celtic but after one season he moved to London and signed for Carshalton Athletic where he spent three years, although he missed a whole season with a broken leg.

He then moved from South London across the water to North London and signed for Edgware Town where he spent four seasons before a serious road accident at the age of 28 ended his footballing career and forced him into coaching and management.

Crawford has had a lot of coaching experience with Wembley, Harrow Borough where he won the capitol league and cup double and first linked up with Charlery.

He then moved on with Charlery to St Albans where he again managed the reserves and assisted the first-team, winning the Capitol League title again.

Crawford then went on to manage and coach the under-21 development at Wingate & Finchley for a season before returning to manage and coach St Albans` under-21 development squad along with the reserves.

The following season Charlery became manager at brought Crawford in as his assistant.


About Author

Comments are closed.