Pitchero ad

Toolstation Western League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

On the final day of the Toolstation Western League season, Bristol Manor Farm completed their tremendous season with a 5-0 win over Sherborne Town to end the Premier Division season on 102 points.

Troy Simpson opened the scoring in the 21st minute for Lee Lashenko’s side, before Ben Bament doubled the lead following a penalty miss from Jack Durrant just prior to half-time.

Playing in front of over 400 fans at The Creek, Manor Farm added three goals in the second half, with Aron Robbins, Jake Cox and Simpson all firing home for the champions.

Runners-up Street ended their season with a 3-1 win at home to cup heroes Cadbury Heath.

Steve Murray and Ross McErlain shot Street into a two-goal lead, and after Heath pulled a goal back on the hour-mark, David O’Hare wrapped up the win for the hosts with a 77th minute strike.

In an entertaining affair at the Lew Hill Memorial Ground, Odd Down struck late to secure a 3-3 draw with Buckland Athletic.

Jared Lewington and Charlie Johansen each scored in the opening 20 minutes to fire Buckland into control of the game, before goals either side of the break from Jon Sage and Ben Wych fired Odd Down level.

Lewington then added his 28th league goal of the campaign as the visitors forged ahead once more, only for Dave Gould to respond from the spot to grab a point for the Bath side.

Bridport ended their season on a high, with second half goals from Kameron Andrews, Josh Hull and Mark Salter helping them come from behind to defeat Bitton 3-2 at St Marys Field.

At the Hand Stadium, a goal 15 minutes from time by Archie Ferris helped Clevedon Town claim a 1-1 draw at home to Chipping Sodbury Town, who had taken the lead, thanks to Callum Kingdon’s own goal.

In a battle between two of the top six, Willand Rovers struck late to claim a 1-1 draw with Bradford Town.

The home side went ahead in the 37th minute thanks to a 25-yarder from Martin Lenihan, before Willand hit back 10 minutes from time with Dan Western heading home an equaliser.

Melksham Town fought back from a goal down to defeat Wells City 5-1 at the Oakfields Stadium.

Harry Davidson headed the away side ahead early on, before Joe Stradling equalised 10 minutes before the break, with Gary Higdon, Stradling, Dan Demkiv and Sam Jordan adding further goals in a dominant second half.

Elsewhere, Brislington claimed a 3-0 win at home to Hallen, Gillingham Town secured a 2-0 victory over Longwell Green Sports, and Shepton Mallet and Cribbs drew 2-2.

Wellington are champions of the First Division after claiming an impressive 2-0 win away at Radstock Town.

Heading into the final game of the season, Wellington knew three points would be enough for the title and goals from Sam Towler and Tom Ellis led them to victory over the in-form hosts.

Hengrove Athletic were forced to make do with second spot to accompany their promotion, with Asa White’s 35th goal of the season helping them claim a 1-1 draw at Westbury United, who took the lead through Martin Johnson.

A second half double from Tauufik Bensalem, plus a goal from James Boyland saw Chard Town fight back from a half-time deficit to defeat Warminster Town 3-2 at the Dening Sports Field.

Devizes Town cemented a top half finish with goals from Ali Bradley and Dan Sloan leading them to a 2-0 victory over Cheddar.

Chippenham Park’s outstanding second half to the season continued to the very end as they claimed a 2-1 win over Almondsbury UWE.

After sitting second bottom at Christmas, the Wiltshire outfit suffered just one defeat over the final five months of the season, and goals from Jamie Norman and Aaron Ledgister meant they ended the season on another high note at home to the bottom side.

In the fixture at Bristol Road, Corsham Town’s fine end to the season continued as they claimed a 1-0 win at Portishead Town, despite being reduced to nine-men.

Ninteenth-placed Corsham grabbed their third win in four games, thanks to Josh Bright’s first half strike, but they had to survive following second half reds to Aaron Masson and Emilio Murpak.

Keynsham Town ended their season on a winning note, with goals in either half from Kyle Box and Tauren Williams leading them to a 2-0 win over Ashton & Backwell United.

Oldland Abbotonians ended their season with a 3-1 derby defeat of Roman Glass St George 3-1, with the home side’s goals coming from Dave Stone, Ash Bernard and Connor Davies.

Bishop Sutton moved past the 50-point barrier in their final fixture after defeating Calne Town 5-1 at Lakeview.

Bishops Lydeard claimed their twentieth league win of the campaign following a 3-1 triumph away at Wincanton Town, while Malmesbury Victoria won 2-1 against Welton Rovers at West Clewes.


About Author

Comments are closed.