Pitchero ad

Top Beats Bottom As Ammies Go Seven Points Clear

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Salford City remain top of the Vanarama National League North table after beating bottom-markers North Ferriby United 4-0 at The Peninsula Stadium on Saturday.

It was personally a fantastic afternoon for the Ammies experienced striker Jack Redshaw.

He hit all four goals against a Ferriby side who have still only won once this season to date.

However, the visitors held their high-flying hosts to a 0-0 scoreline at the break, and it wasn`t until the 56th minute that Redshaw made the breakthrough.

He doubled his and Salford`s tally from the penalty spot after 78 minutes when Mani Dieseruvwe was held and brought down in the box.

And 5 minutes later Redshaw completed his hat-trick, adding a fourth 2 minutes into stoppage time.

Harrogate Town maintained their challenge in second, seven points behind with a game in hand, after beating second-bottom Boston United 3-1 at the CNG Stadium to return to second spot.

Former Shaw Lane AFC boss Craig Elliott’s first game in charge of Boston started well when Ashley Hemmings gave the Pilgrims a dream start in the 4th minute.

But the hosts were level within 18 minutes through Joe Leesley.

George Thomson put them in front after 38 minutes and Jordan Thewlis ensured Harrogate`s win with a third just before the hour-mark.

Brackley Town dropped to third after losing 2-0 at the Horsfall Stadium against Bradford Park Avenue, who are now seventh.

Avenue`s third successive win ended a run of five league wins for Kevin Wilkin`s visitors.

Avenue took the lead just6 before half-time when a corner fell to Adam Boyes, who made no mistake in steering home from close-range

And Mark Bower`s side completed an impressive display by making it 2-0 in the 63rd minute when Graham Kelly scored his first goal for the club.

Blyth Spartans added to struggling Southport`s woes after winning 3-0 at the Merseyrail Community Stadium to move into fourth spot.

Goals from Michael Liddle after 55 minutes, Greg Rutherford 6 minutes later and Sean Reid in the 2nd minute of stoppage time secured a second straight win for Spartans and second successive clean sheet.

Defeat leaves Kevin Davies` side just two places and four points ahead of the drop zone and plenty to do.

Spartans moved above north-east rivals Spennymoor Town in the table after they suffered a comprehensive 4-0 defeat at Leamington who, as a consequence, moved up to fifteenth in the table.

The final outcome was perhaps a little harsh on the visitors, but the Brakes were ruthless in front of goal, taking a 27th minute lead from the penalty spot after Jordan Porter had brought down Joe Clarke – Colby Bishop converting.

And 7 minutes after the break, Bishop added his second from open play to double the home side`s advantage.

Former Boston United man Bishop completed his hat-trick with another penalty on 77 minutes after Mick Tait was adjudged to have pulled down Junior English following a free-kick.

And 5 minutes before the end, Kieran Dunbar added the Brakes` fourth.

Former Kidderminster Harriers` goalkeeper Adam Bartlett came back to haunt his former team-mates with a fine performance for his new club York City at Bootham Crescent.

Bartlett was in inspired form to keep Harriers at bay until the 20th minute when Ryan Croasdale scored.

But the Minstermen equalised 17 minutes later through big Jon Parkin’s fine strike.

The visitors were far the brighter side after the break but were not able to find a way through Bartlett.

Chorley were looking to get back into the top seven when they travelled to Edgeley Park against a Stockport County side looking to do the same.

So, unsurprisingly, it ended 1-1 between two fairly evenly-matched teams.

Another terrific crowd of 3,674 had to wait until the 83rd minute for the breakthrough goal to arrive, and it came from a quickly-taken free-kick in the away half that put Nick Haughton through to slot past Stockport `keeper Ben Hinchliffe.

But County battled back to equalise in the 3rd minute of stoppage time when Matty Warburton crossed from the left and Jason Oswell headed in.

Tamworth sandwich Chorley and Stockport in ninth after they won 1-0 at Blackwell Meadows against Darlington.

What turned out to be the only goal of the game arrived in the 71st minute when Darlington were caught on the break from a throw-in deep in the Tamworth half and Darryl Knights finished off the counter attack.

But the Quakers almost nicked an equaliser deep into stoppage time when Harvey Saunders headed downwards from a corner, only for Lambs` keeper Shaun Rowley to somehow pull of a great save at point-blank range.

Craig Westcarr gave Alfreton Town a 26th minute lead at the New Bucks Head against AFC Telford United.

Tom Allan then doubled the Reds lead just 5 minutes later.

Elliot Newby gave Bucks` fans hope of a second half comeback when he reduced the deficit a minute before half-time, but the Reds held firm to record three good away points.

Ashley Worsfold`s early 6th minute goal hauled Gainsborough Trinity up to seventeenth in the table with a crucial 1-0 win at the Northolme against fellow strugglers FC United of Manchester, for whom this was a first defeat in three under player/caretaker-manager Tom Greaves.

Below them both are Nuneaton Town, who remain in the bottom three after sharing a 1-1 Liberty Way draw with mid-table Curzon Ashton.

Ashley Chambers gave Boro the lead after 18 minutes – a lead they held at the break.

Visiting defender Steve Howson was penalised for handball when attempting to block a cross and Chambers duly converted the resulting spot-kick.

The Nash pulled back on level terms just shy of the hour-mark through Niall Cummins, who also kept cool from the spot after Daniel Nti was adjudged to have brought down Ben Wharton in the box.


About Author

Comments are closed.