Pitchero ad

The Only Unbeaten Records Also Goes In Evo-Stik Premier

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The only remaining unbeaten record in the Evo-Stik League Premier came to an end on Tuesday night.

Promoted Lancaster City had only won three of their seven games going into their match at Ashton United, but had drawn the other four.

However, they fell behind to a goal from loanee Jack Dyche after 32 minutes.

Craig Carney pulled the Dolly Blues back on level terms in the 68th minute.

But less than 2 minutes later, Matty Chadwick popped up with what proved to be Ashton`s winner.

Another promoted side, Farsley Celtic, beat another side to have made a decent start to 2017/18, Grantham Town, 3-0 at Throstle Nest.

Experienced striker James Walshaw put the hosts in front after 41 minutes and seconds before the half-time whistle, Ben Atkinson scored a crucial second.

And then Paul Walker ensured the points stayed in Yorkshire when he added a third with 4 minutes remaining.

Warrington Town maintained top spot after a hard-earned 1-0 Cantilever Park win over Stafford Rangers.

Bradley Barnes proved to be the Wire`s hero with the only goal 6 minutes into the second half.

Stalybridge Celtic`s woes continue since suffering relegation.

Celtic were beaten 1-0 at Bower Fold by Buxton, for whom well-travelled striker Liam Hardy scored the only goal after 34 minutes.

Halesowen Town are bottom though after losing 3-1 at The Grove to newly-promoted Witton Albion.

Two goals in 3 minutes, starting with Will Jones` 6th minute opener and then followed by a Steven Tames penalty, gave Albion command.

Jack Kelly pulled one back for the Yeltz on the hour-mark, but a third from Prince Haywood a minute from time confirmed the visitors` victory.

Coalville Town blew Hednesford Town away on a wet and windy night at Owen Street, making it five wins from their last six league games.

Steve Towers gave the Ravens an 8th minute lead that Nathan Watson doubled after 23 minutes.

Danny Glover reduced the deficit after 32 minutes, only for Coalville to restore their two-goal advantage 5 minutes later, courtesy of a Sam Oji own goal.

Dan Creaney then bagged a brace in the 49th and 52nd minutes, with Glover netting a stoppage time penalty to reduce the arrears to three.

A goal from former Burton Albion favourite Shaun Harrad with 17 minutes left to play earned Matlock Town a third win of the season to date at home to Mickleover Sports, while promoted Shaw Lane AFC showed their determination to progress further with a 3-0 win on their first visit to the Turnbull Ground against Whitby Town.

However, the Seasiders suffered a massive blow with just 75 seconds on the clock when Adam Gell received a straight red card for an elbow on Alex Burn.

Nicky Walker took advantage to give the visitors a 15th minute lead.

But it wasn`t until the final 9 minutes that Shaw Lane were able to break down a determined and battling Blues again with Paul Clayton after 81 minutes and then Walker again 4 minutes later making it a rather flattering scoreline.

Workington AFC and Rushall Olympic both went nap at home.

The Reds inflicted a 5-2 defeat on relegated Altrincham.

Scott Allison gave the home side a 23rd minute lead that Max Harrop cancelled out 5 minutes later.

Tom Hannigan then conceded a penalty which Conor Tinnion converted on 38 minutes.

Four minutes afterwards Harrop saw red for a rash challenge.

But it was the ten-men who scored next with Jordan Hulme levelling on 65 minutes.

Parity lasted barely 3 minutes though as Allison netted his second and then Sam Joel made it 4-2 on 75 minutes and as Alty tired in the rain, Allison completed his hat-trick 5 minutes from time.

The Pics beat Sutton Coldfield Town 5-1 at Dales Lane.

Joe Hull gave the Pics the lead on 13 minutes with a powerful header from a corner.

That lead was doubled 3 minutes later by Stan Mugisha from six yards out after a goalmouth scramble.

AJ Adelekan capped off a wonderful first half for the home side on the stroke of half-time after Royals keeper Mason Springthorpe spilled the ball. The Rushall man was on hand to slot the ball home.

Sutton threatened a second half comeback with a goal in the 47th minute, courtesy of a Zak Martin goal.

Andre Landell quashed any such hopes on 58 minutes with a neat finish past Springthorpe from a Kartel O’Neill Martin cross.

Martin later turned goalscorer on 88 minutes when he completed the nap hand.

The only stalemate of the evening came at the Weaver Stadium where Nantwich Town took the lead against Maine AFC 5 minutes before half-time through Jordan Davies.

But the Mariners earned a share of the spoils with a 67th minute Danny Mitchley leveller.


About Author

Comments are closed.