Pitchero ad

Urchins Edge Nine-Goal Thriller To Stay Three Points Clear At The Top Of Bostik North

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There was a ding-dong battle at Bridge Avenue where Bostik League North leaders AFC Hornchurch grabbed a last-gasp 5-4 win against mid-table Waltham Abbey and maintain their three-point lead at the top.

A Sam Robbins own goal gave the Urchins a 9th minute lead that Chris Assombalonga levelled 11 minutes later.

Theo Fairweather-Johnson restored the home side`s lead in the 34th minute, only for Billy Holland to respond within 2 minutes.

But Matthias Fanimo gave the Urchins a 3-2 interval lead.

Nathan Koranteng equalised just past the hour-mark and when Jack Daveney made it 4-3 to the Abbots with 15 minutes to play, things looked bleak for the leaders.

But Nathan Livings equalised in the 82nd minute and sub George Purcell popped up with the Urchins` winner in stoppage time.

Second-placed Bowers & Pitsea maintained the pressure with a 3-1 win at Brentwood Town, whose Matt Price opened the scoring in the 6th minute.

Lewis Manor equalised on 24 minutes and Callum Leahy put Bowers ahead a minute before the break.

Brentwood lost Price to a second bookable offence 15 minutes from time, with Manor adding a third for the visitors in the final seconds.

The top two possess a nine-point advantage on the chasing pack now, with Dereham Town, Canvey Island, Maldon & Tiptree and Potters Bar Town currently occupying the play-off places, with Haringey Borough level on points with Potters Bar in seventh.

Dereham were held to a goalless draw at Hertingfordbury Park by mid-table Hertford Town, while Canvey hammered Ware 5-1 at Wodson Park, coming back from being a 9th minute Murat Karagal goal down to win, thanks to George Sykes just before the break, Mitch Gilbey just after it, a Ryan Melaugh brace and Steve Sheehan.

There was a shock for Maldon & Tiptree though as they were beaten 2-1 at home by third-bottom Romford.

After a goalless first period, Harry Daly on 52 minutes and Chris Taylor on 64 minutes netted to put the visitors in control, before Oluwole Akinsanya pulled one back on 79 minutes to give the Jammers hope.

Potters Bar made no mistake, beating Barking 2-0 at the Pakex Stadium, thanks to Sean Grace on the half-hour mark and Eoin Casey 8 minutes from time.

Haringey were 4-2 Coles Park winners over Bury Town, taking a 2-0 lead inside 25 minutes through Michael Ademiluyi and Lawrence Yiga before being pegged back by the in-form Cemal Ramadan and Darren Mills just before the break.

But unanswered goals from Lauren Luke on 71 minutes and a Derek Asamoah penalty sealed Boro`s win.

Witham Town romped to a 3-0 victory at Tilbury, with all their goals coming during an eventful first half at Chadfields.

Correy Davidson broke the deadlock on 16 minutes and Elliott Ronto made it 2-0 in the 20th minute.

Davidson then added his second just before the break to effectively make the points safe.

AFC Sudbury slipped to a 3-1 defeat away at Parkside against Grays Athletic.

Grays went in at the interval a goal up scored by Kieran Bishop 3 minutes before the break.

The home side scored again through Adeyinka Cole from the spot 2 minutes after the restart.

Just past the hour-mark a free-kick from Joe Whight reduced the deficit before Bishop grabbed his second in stoppage time.

Bottom side Cheshunt suffered a 3-1 defeat at Plantation Park to fellow strugglers Norwich United, whose Nathan Stewart put them in front after 20 minutes.

Manny Osei equalised 11 minutes into the second half, but Liam Jackson after 67 minutes and Adam Hipperson 16 minutes from time, sealed the Planters win.

And Aveley enjoyed a good 2-1 win at Recreation Way against Mildenhall Town, with Lewis Gard and Alex Teniola scoring inside the opening 35 minutes, rendering Claudio Ofosu`s goal 5 minutes from time as just a consolation.


About Author

Comments are closed.