Southern Counties East League Round-Up..

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The Southern Counties East League leaders Crowborough Athletic smashed seven past Croydon whilst conceding just the one on Saturday.

Ross Treleaven hit a first half brace and Sam Crabb added a third just after the restart.

Zac Attwood notched a second half hat-trick before Mike McKenna scored a consolation for the Dockers.

Dan Perry had the last word for the Crows with a penalty conversion in time added at the end. All three top sides have now played 21 games and the Crows have a narrow, but significant, two-point lead.

Still in second place but on equal points with third, Ashford United recorded a 4-1 win at Deal Town.

Pat Kingwell scored first for the Nuts & Bolts after 18 minutes then Shaun Welford made it 2-0 before half-time.

Joe Anderson pulled a goal back for Deal just after the hour mark but Welford restored the two-goal lead on 77.

Ryan Palmer scored the 4th and last goal for Ashford in the final minute.

In third place on goal difference Sevenoaks Town had a convincing 6-1 win at Croydon.

Billy Bennett scored an opening brace and Joe Bingham made it 0-3 at half-time. Harrison Carnegie added a fourth for the Oaks before Jeff Duah-Kessie hit the net for the Trams. A Harrison Carnegie penalty conversion restored the three-goal lead before Yacine Gnahore and Bingham each scored in the final 2 minutes.

Sheppey United are in fourth place, a point adrift of third but having played two games more.

There was no score in the first half when AFC Croydon Athletic hosted Tunbridge Wells and it was after 68 minutes that the Rams broke the stalemate through Warren Mfula.

The Wells are proving tougher to beat than they were earlier in the season and so it proved today as Ryan Cradley snatched a point with 5 minutes left to play.

Whitstable Town are up to seventh place after winning 2-0 at bottom dwelling Fisher FC.

Charlie Smith and Craig Thompson each scored first half goals.

It was honours even at the Badgers Sports Ground where Cray Valley PM came back from 1-3 down to draw 3-3 at the end.

Beckenham Town took the lead through Andrew Whorms after 23 minutes but Ben Francis levelled for the Millers 3 minutes before half-time.

Hassan Jalloh restored the Becks lead 4 minutes into the 2nd half then Jamie Humphris made it 1-3 on 68.

Jason Thompson scored in the 79th minute to give renewed hope to the Millers then Francis scored in off the luckless Brad Morgan in the Becks goal to salvage a point. The Millers are 8th while Becks are 19th.

Rochester United enjoyed a 2-0 away win at Canterbury City. Harrison Hume score the Spartans opener after 77 minutes and Dan Nash doubled 9 minutes from time.

The Deres moved closer to the Lords after Erith & Belvedere beat Lordswood 1-0 at Park View Road.

Anthony Adesite scored the lone goal after 71 minutes.


About Author

Former Swansea City and Kettering Town defender who has been managing the likes of Kettering Town u18s, Rothwell Town, Desborough Town and Wellingborough Town for 33 years as well as being technical director at AFC Rushden & Diamonds. Began in non-League journalism as editor of Team Talk magazine back in the early 1990s and then as editor of Non-League Daily, joining Pitchero to set up Pitchero Non-League in January 2011. Also works for the National League.

Comments are closed.