Toolstation Western League Round-Up….

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Lee Pitman produced one of the best individual performances of the season, scoring four goals in Wells City’s 5-1 win away at Cadbury Heath in the Toolstation Western League Premier Division on Saturday.

The marksman scored a hat-trick in the first half, before adding his fourth after the break, with Ryan Pledger heading home a late fifth as Wells avenged a 5-2 defeat suffered against the same opposition earlier in the season.

Bristol Manor Farm were forced to dig deep for their 25th league win of the campaign, scoring late on in their 2-1 win over Gillingham Town.

The match looked to be taking a usual pattern in the first half, with the home side 1-0 up in the 16th minute thanks to Dean Stamp’s 27th goal in all competitions this season.

They failed to add to their lead however, and Gillingham managed to get on level terms with 20 minutes remaining through Ashley Clarke, only for the Farm to wrap up all three points thanks to Pete Sheppard’s winner 6 minutes after the leveller.

Second-placed Street got back to winning ways, with goals from Josh Bennett and Ben Amghar helping them to a 2-0 win away at Chipping Sodbury Town, while third-placed Buckland Athletic also claimed maximum points after goals from Charlie Johansen and Jared Lewington led them to a 2-1 win over Bitton.

At the opposite end of the league, Hallen are no longer bottom of the table after they came from two-goals down to defeat Bridport 3-2.

The hosts were 2-0 up at the break following a Mark Salter double, before Ben Willshire gave Hallen a foothold in the game thanks to a free-kick which he knocked home on the hour-mark.

Bridport then had Matthew Condliffe sent-off for a cynical challenge, with Willshire slotting home his second free-kick of the game soon after to level the score before Aaron Anglin fired home the winner 3 minutes from time.

It is now Sherborne Town who prop up the table after they suffered an 8-1 defeat at home to Brislington.

James Batchelor scored a hat-trick for Brislington, who as a team have scored 16 goals in their three fixtures over the last seven days, with Neikell Plummer, Luke Meacham and Otis Williams each scoring for the second game in a row and Alex Lambert adding a brace.

Sam Farthing was on the scoresheet for Sherborne after knocking home a first-half penalty, but he and his team-mates are now without a win in seven and have conceded 117 league goals.

Bradford Town held onto fifth-place in the table following a commanding 3-1 win away at Clevedon Town.

Bradford took just 8 minutes to break the deadlock with Dan Cottle firing home, before Laurent Davis-Wilson doubled the lead three minutes later with a sweet volley.

Mark Wall extended the advantage to three in the 36th minute, with Clevedon’s consolation goal coming from Ryan Gissing in second half injury-time. Melksham Town and Willand Rovers played out a 1-1 draw in front of the biggest crowd of the day at the Oakfield Stadium.

Willand went ahead in the battle between two top-six sides thanks to an Angus Wilson header, before Melksham’s Sam Jordan scored on the cusp of half-time to secure a share of the points.

Cribbs defeated Odd Down 2-0, with George King and Darren Edwards scoring either side of half-time, while Ciaran Houston scored twice in Longwell Green Sport’s 3-1 win away at Shepton Mallet.


About Author

Former Swansea City and Kettering Town defender who has been managing the likes of Kettering Town u18s, Rothwell Town, Desborough Town and Wellingborough Town for 33 years as well as being technical director at AFC Rushden & Diamonds. Began in non-League journalism as editor of Team Talk magazine back in the early 1990s and then as editor of Non-League Daily, joining Pitchero to set up Pitchero Non-League in January 2011. Also works for the National League.

Comments are closed.