Pitchero ad

Billericay Come Back Twice To Stay Top Of The Table

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Billericay Town maintained their one-point lead at the top of the Bostik League Premier table after coming back twice to beat Hendon 4-3 at New Lodge on Saturday.

In front of a bumper Non-League Day crowd of 1,988, Ashley Nathaniel-George put the visiting Greens in front after just 3 minutes.

The visitors, who started the day in second place, were pulled back by a Ricky Modeste header in the 12th minute, only to re-take the lead 5 minutes later through Keagan Cole.

Adam Cunnington celebrated his birthday by equalising just 3 minutes later and then a Billy Bricknell penalty gave the Blues the lead for the first time on 35 minutes.

Cunnington added his second of the game and Billericay`s fourth right on the stroke of half-time.

And a cracking game saw no further goals until right in stoppage time at the end of the game when Nathaniel-George bagged his second of the afternoon to reduce the arrears to one.

Dulwich Hamlet moved into second spot after they beat Needham Market at Champion Hill and unbeaten Leiston were held to a draw at home by Staines Town.

Another excellent crowd of 2,417 saw injury-hit Hamlet take a 32nd minute lead through Nathan Ferguson.

And Nana Boakye-Yiadom added a second a minute before half-time with what proved to be the winning goal.

Leiston remain unbeaten, but had to be content with a point from a 2-2 home draw with Staines, who are now sixth.

Prolific scorer Elliott Buchanan took his tally to 8 league goals with a double strike for the Swans on 9 and 58 minutes to keep the visitors in front.

The Blues pulled back through Joe Jefford on 14 minutes and Jack Ainsley equalised on 79 minutes.

Harrow Borough complete the top five after they beat Kingstonian 2-0 at Earlsmead.

Reis Stanislaus proved to be Boro`s hero on the day, bagging a brace with goals in the 33rd minute – from the penalty spot for which K`s Sam Page was dismissed – and then just 2 minutes later.

The bottom two met at the KNK Stadium and it was Tooting & Mitcham United who managed to break their duck and keep Adam Hinshelwood still searching for his first win as Worthing boss.

But it was a close-run thing.

Chace O`Neill gave the Terrors a 15th minute lead, but the Rebels led at the break, thanks to Jared Rance after 28 minutes and Alex Parsons 4 minutes later.

Callum McNaughton pulled the home side back on level terms 6 minutes into the second half and then Omar Folkes on 78 minutes and sub Billy Dunn pulled Tooting 4-2 in front, with Worthing sub Isaac Newton causing a nervy finale with an 89th minute third.

Third-bottom Harlow Town are the only other side yet to reach double figures in points after a 2-1 defeat at Fetcham Grove against Leatherhead.

And that despite taking a 32nd minute lead through Nigel Neite.

Jack Midson equalised 10 minutes later and then a 57th minute Reece Williams-Bowers effort proved to be the Tanners winner.

Lowestoft Town produced their best performance of the season to date in hammering Burgessa Hill Town 5-0 on their own Green Elephant Stadium patch.

Cruise Nyadzayo gave the Trawlerboys a 14th minute lead that Jake Reed added to in the 35th minute.

Reed went on to keep the matchball with two more goals in the 50th and 57th minutes, with sub Josh Greenleaf adding the fifth 17 minutes from time.

A crowd of 509 at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium saw Enfield Town edge out Margate 2-1.

The Town had a great start when Mickey Parcell gave them a first-minute lead.

But an own goal by player/assistant-manager Darren Purse 7 minutes into the second half pulled Gate level.

However, Taylor McKenzie won it for the home side in the 64th minute.

Promoted Dorking Wanderers earned a good 2-1 win at Moatside against Merstham – and that after being down to ten-men as early as the 12th minute when they had Jerome Beckles dismissed with a straight red card.

Ryan Hall had the home side in front from the 22nd minute.

And they held that until just past the hour-mark when Tom Tolfrey popped up with the Dorking equaliser.

But the ten-men won it 8 minutes from time, thanks to Chris Boulter.

Lloyd Macklin bagged a brace to help Metropolitan Police to a 3-1 Imber Court win over Folkestone Invicta.

And Jim Cooper`s side had to come back from being an early 4th minute Ian Draycott goal down.

Jay Gasson equalised 10 minutes later and then Macklin eventually put the home side ahead from the spot 20 minutes from time.

His second 6 minutes later put the seal on the win.

Tonbridge Angels were the day`s other winners, beating Wingate & Finchley 1-0 at Longmead in front of a good crowd of 635.

Alex Akrofi grabbed the all-important goal for the Angels on the hour-mark.

Thurrock and Brightlingsea Regent served up a 3-3 thriller at Ship Lane.

Connor Hogan gave the visitors an 18th minute lead that Dennis Oli cancelled out 10 minutes later.

But goals from Robbie Rees 2 minutes after the break and then Billy Hunt 9 minutes later sent Regent 3-1 up.

Battling Thurrock earned a point though with goals from the manager`s son Charlie Stimson on 83 minutes and then Lewwis Spence in stoppage time.


About Author

Comments are closed.