Pitchero ad

East Midlands Counties League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

BARROW TOWN extended their 100% start to the East Midlands Counties League season to four games on Saturday with a 3-1 win over BELPER UNITED, who stay near the bottom of the pile.

Joe Hanlon on 17 minutes, Ben Law on the stroke of half-time and Zak Ginvert 5 minutes into the second half gave Barrow a good start.

Adrian Westfield got United’s first league goal after 65 minutes but the Derbyshire side were unable to close the gap any further.

AYLESTONE PARK extended their unbeaten start to the season but had to come from behind to beat a revitalised ARNOLD TOWN at Saffron Lane.

Ruben Mitchell gave the Eagles a first minute lead which Andy Fell cancelled out nine minutes later.

Brother Kaylum Mitchell put Arnold back in front on 33 but once again Fell levelled 5 minutes into the second half.

Further home goals from James Smith on 62 and Zak Yusef 6 minutes later sealed a 4-2 win for the home side.

BORROWASH VICTORIA moved up into fourth place in the table with the day’s biggest scoreline – a 5-1 win over ELLISTOWN & IBSTOCK UNITED, who remain rooted to the foot of the table.

Once again the home side had to come from behind after Kiall Maugham had given the visitors a 21st minute lead from the penalty spot.

Idris Kabongo levelled and Brandon Gwinnutt, seconds before the break, put the Vics in front for the first time.

A second half hat-trick from Scott James sealed a fine win.

GEDLING MINERS WELFARE hosted KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE and the teams were only separated by substitute Ian Shepherd’s 83rd minute goal which gave the visitors all three points.

An even later goal from Jim Rushby, one minute into stoppage time at the end of the game, gave GRAHAM STREET PRIMS victory on their visit to a GREENWOOD MEADOWS side still looking for their first points of the season.

HOLBROOK SPORTS slipped to their fourth defeat of the season when RADCLIFFE OLYMPIC returned from Shaw Lane with all three points, courtesy of a 3-0 win given to them by two Ryan Smith goals, one in each half, and one from Ryan Perkins. It was two goals in a 3-minute spell early in the second half which really put Olympic on top in this game.

ANSTEY NOMADS chose the Selhurst Street ground of last season’s runners up, RADFORD, to claim their first point of the season in an exciting 3-3 draw.

No goals at the break, but three in 3 minutes right at the start of the second half.

Jean-Ruben Desrosiers put Radford ahead on 46 minutes, Stacey Coore levelled on 47 minutes, and Ken Reeves made it 2-1 for Radford a minute later.

Stacey Coore struck again for Anstey on 55 minutes, and then, not surprisingly for the excitement from this game, both sides scored again on 85 minutes – Nick Reeves from the penalty spot for Nomads and Phil Granville for Radford.

The newcomers had mixed fortunes. WEST BRIDGFORD dropped their first points of the campaign in a 2-2 draw at STAPENHILL.

Much-travelled Aaron Large put Bridgford in front on 18 minutes – a lead they held until early in the second half when Lewis Campbell restored parity.

Tom Puddy they looked to have earned Stapenhill the points with his goal 9 minutes from the end only for another much-travelled sailor, Ross McCaughey, to snatch a point with 3 minutes left.

BIRSTALL UNITED found themselves on the end of a four-goal defeat at HOLWELL SPORTS where first half goals from David Hazeldene and Graham Wells were followed by two more in the second half by Michael Stevenson and Kieran Foster.


About Author

Comments are closed.