Pitchero ad

East Midlands Counties League Round-Up..

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

RADCLIFFE OLYMPIC came back after their heavy midweek defeat at South Normanton in the East Midlands Counties League to put a spoke into the wheels of high-flying AYLESTONE PARK on Saturday.

The Nottinghamshire visitors went ahead through Scott Litchfield after just five minutes; the lead lasting just 12 minutes before Mason Brown levelled for the league leaders.

Ryan Smith’s 70th minute goal gave the visitors all three points in a game which saw Park’s lead at the top cut to just one point.

SOUTH NORMANTON ATHLETIC maintained second spot with their second big win of the week.

GRAHAM STREET PRIMS found their visit to Lees Lane rather taunting as the Shiners banged in six without reply to take their tally for the week to eleven.

Skipper Danny Robert started the ball rolling on 13 minutes and this was added to by Lee Fell on 29 minutes.

Dave Leigh scored moments after the resumption and that led to Josh Thompson, Warren Hatfield and Tom Lewis all joining in the goal spree.

STAPENHILL occupy third place and they too had a high scoring week, hitting six for the second time in four days.

It was the turn of ASHBY IVANHOE to feel the might of the home side’s scoring form, obtained without the name of Steve Hart appearing on the list of scorers!

Tom Liversedge let the way with four of the goals in their 6-3 win, opening his account in the 10th minute and going on to register two in each half.

Joel Carta briefly gave Ivanhoe a ray of hope with a 19th minute leveller before Kerr Horn put them ahead 4 minutes later.

After Liversedge had completed his foursome, further goals from Ash Garner and Lewis Campbell made it 6-2 before Luke Thorogood got a third for Ivanhoe in the last minute.

The top-of-the-table clash at WEST BRIDGFORD ended in favour of Nottingham city neighbours RADFORD taking the honours and the points with a 2-0 win.
Jahred Russell broke the deadlock after 20 minutes and Reece Fyfe scored the goal which confirmed that the visitors would return home with all three points midway through the second half.

HOLWELL SPORTS suffered another defeat, going down at home to BELPER UNITED, who showed much-improved form, thanks to their long-serving strikers Sam Vickers, who opened the scoring on 18 minutes, and Tim Parry who got the clincher of the points 2 minutes into the second half to take the Derbyshire side out of the bottom three, a result which should see their early form considerably improve.

Not such a good afternoon for United’s neighbours HOLBROOK SPORTS who went down in a scrappy encounter in front of their own supporters to two goals from BIRSTALL UNITED skipper Lewis Dodd.

His first came in the 31st minute with a low drive across the home goalkeeper to end a spell of good pressure from the visitors.

Dodd was on hand again in the 67th minute to rap home Sam Kee’s cross to settle the issue.

GEDLING MINERS WELFARE remain in relegation trouble following yet another disappointing home defeat, this time to DUNKIRK.

Adam Burton put the Boatmen in front after eleven minutes and Bruno Holden doubled their advantage 4 minutes before the break. Mitch Slawson pulled one back with 15 minutes remaining but Gedling were unable to rescue the situation any further.

Also finding themselves in the bottom three are ANSTEY NOMADS, who suffered yet another big defeat going down by three goals at BORROWASH VICTORIA.

Kirk Francis put the Vics ahead just 2 minutes into the game. Kurt Dallison, on the hour-mark doubled their advantage and a Brandon Gwinnutt penalty 2 minutes from the end put the seal on a good afternoon’s work for the Vics.

BARROW TOWN moved up to fifth in the table thanks to a 4-0 home win over stranded bottom club ELLISTOWN & IBSTOCK UNITED.

Goals from Sam Beaver on 9 minutes and Michael Hendy on 27 gave them a two-goal advantage by the break.

Further goals from Marc Schulz on 63 minutes and Zak Ginvert on 75 minutes left the visitors still on just one point from their first fifteen games of the season.

The league’s other two games both ended with the points being shared, but it took a 90th minute equaliser from Ross Lavin to save a point for BLABY &

Alex Marshall had put KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE ahead in the seventh minute but Lavin had restored parity by the half-hour mark.

Tom Marshall put the visitors back in front 5 minutes before the break and it took the last-gasp leveller to save a point for Blaby, but they drop down to fourth in the table as a result of dropping two points.

The other game to end all-square was at Eagle Valley where ARNOLD TOWN and GREENWOOD MEADOWS shared six goals, starting with Joe Butler’s 22nd minute opener for the hosts.

Alex Doyle has restored parity to the occasion by the break before a Kieran Duncan own goal put the Greens in front for the first time 4 minutes into the second half.

Mason Coy levelled that for the Eagles but James Price put Greenwood back in front on 62 minutes.

Kaylum Mitchell’s 73rd minute second leveller for Arnold ensured that the points would be shared.


About Author

Comments are closed.