Pitchero ad

Last-Gasp Wood Take Over Top Spot

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There were only five fixtures in the Vanarama Conference South on Saturday due to the FA Cup and they produced new….

….leaders after Boreham Wood`s 2-1 win against struggling Wealdstone at Meadow Park.

However, the home fans in the 537 crowd looked as though they were going to return home disappointed as the Stones led through Jonny Wright`s 12th minute goal going into the 87th minute.

But Lee Angol popped up with Wood`s equaliser and then in stoppage time, Sam Cox grabbed the home side`s winner to take them a point above now second-placed Basingstoke Town.

Ebbsfleet United could have dropped Basingstoke into third spot had they beaten Bath City at Stonebridge Road.

But they had to be content with just one point and fourth place after a goalless draw.

Whitehawk are sixth after edging a five goal thriller at Clarence Park against St Albans City.

Osei Sankofa gave the Hawks a 26th minute lead that Danny Mills extended 3 minutes before half-time.

Geoff Mitchell reduced the arrears 8 minutes after the break, only for Jake Robinson to restore the visitors` two-goal advantage in the 69th minute.

John Frendo pulled that deficit back to just one from the penalty spot 10 minutes later, but the Hawks held on for the points.

Hayes & Yeading United travelled across to Melbourne Stadium hoping to beat Chelmsford City and slip into the top five.

But they had to be content with one point from a 1-1 draw and eighth place.

Phil Babb`s side trailed from the 5th minute when Leon Redwood put City in front.

But they eventually pulled back on level terms with 15 minutes remaining through substitute Rhys Murrell-Williamson.

Mid-table duo Sutton United and Eastbourne Borough met at the Borough Sports Ground and also shared a 1-1 draw.

Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick gave the U`s an early 8th minute lead that a Shaun Cooper own goal cancelled out on the 33rd minute mark.


About Author

Comments are closed.