Pitchero ad

Lolley Increases Value With Hat-Trick

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

In a much-reduced Skrill Premier fixture list due to the FA Trophy on Saturday, Kidderminster Harriers` Joe Lolley….

….put an extra few quid on his valuation after completing a hat-trick to help his side to a 3-0 win at Aggborough against Salisbury City.

In boss Andy Thorn’s first game in charge of Harriers following Steve Burr`s dismissal, Lolley, who has been strongly linked to a January transfer window move to either Huddersfield Town or Peterborough United, opned the scring in the 18th minute, feinting to his left before slamming a 20-yard left-footed shot into the top corner.

Lolley then converted a 75th minute penalty after he had been brought down by James Clarke.

And the 21-year-old completed his hat-trick 4 minutes from time, also from the spot, when substitute Marvin Johnson was fouled by Angus MacDonald.

The win took Harriers back up into fourth place in the table.

And Gateshead moved up to sixth after a 2-1 victory over Nuneaton Town at the International Stadium.

James Brown gave the hosts the lead a minute into the second half with a close-range effort past Nuneaton `keeper Kelle Roos.

The visitors responded on 55 minutes when Adam Walker tapped in a Wes York cross.

But defender James Curtis headed in the Tynesiders` winner 10 minutes from time following Colin Larkin’s corner and extended his team`s unbeaten league run to five matches.

FC Halifax Town earned a fourth away draw of the season after a goalless draw against ten-man Wrexham at The Racecourse Ground.

The home side went down to ten-men right on half-time when veteran former Blackpool favourite Brett Ormerod was shown a straight red card for an off-the-ball incident.

The assistant referee saw the former Premiership star kick out over the ball and the referee had no hesitation in pulling out a red card

Town’s best effort came from Marc Roberts. He headed home a Josh Wilson free-kick in the second half but the goal was disallowed due to an offside flag.

Andy Bishop headed wide from a corner just a minute after he came off the bench.

Woking continued their move away from the drop zone after a hard-fought 1-0 win against Braintree Town at Kingfield.

Joe McNerney scored the only goal of the game on the hour-mark, making the most of some poor defensive play to turn the ball in from just inside the six-yard box.

The margin of victory would have been greater but for Braintree `keeper Nick Hamman, who did well to stop from Josh Payne, John Goddard and Keiran Murtagh from scoring.

New signing Bernard Mensah forced a save from Sam Beasant at the other end, but the Cards secured their fourth win in five matches.

Dartford earned their first point since beating rock-bottom Hyde FC in October after holding Kent neighbours Welling United to a 1-1 draw at Park View Road.

On-loan Luton Town midfielder Jim Stevenson followed up Elliot Bradbrook’s blocked shot to put the visitors ahead after 10 minutes.

But 8 minutes later Ross Lafayette levelled from the penalty spot after Mat Mitchell-King had fouled Lee Clarke.

Luis Cumbers, Harry Beautyman and Jamie Day went close for Welling, while Danny Harris and Mitchell-King threatened for Darts, but at least the point brought to an end the Darts ten-game losing run.

Hyde FC gained their first point since November 2nd after holding Southport to a 1-1 draw at the Merseyrail Community Stadium.

After dominating early on, the rock-bottom Tigers took the lead on 38 minutes when Scott Spencer converted a Danny Carlton cross.

However, Danny Hattersley’s 78th minute equaliser denied Hyde their first victory of the season, and although Southport ended with ten-men after new signing Ben Jefford was sent-off for two bookable offences, it came right at the end of the game and too late to make a difference to the outcome.


About Author

Comments are closed.