Pitchero ad

Park Avenue Hold the Leaders

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Bradford Park Avenue improved their play-off hopes when they held runaway Blue Square Bet North leaders….

…..Chester FC to a goalless draw in front of just under 1000 at the Horsfall Stadium on Saturday.

Avenue`s Yorkshire rival Guiseley AFC took full advantage to pull two points back on the leaders after hammering Bishop`s Stortford 5-2 at Woodside Park.

Andy Holdsworth gave the visitors an early 7th minute lead that Josh Wilson doubled on 34 minutes.

Matt Johnson reduced the arrears 3 minutes later, but by the time Steve Cawley scored the Blues second in stoppage time, the Lions had roared into a 5-1 lead with goals from Andy McWilliams on 73 minutes, Wayne Brooksby 5 minutes later and Wilson again 3 minutes from time.

Third-placed Brackley Town returned to winning ways against a now second-bottom Droyslden at the Butcher`s Arms.

Tom Winters gave the Northamptonshire side a 7th minute lead that he doubled on 22 minutes.

Veteran striker Jefferson Louis scored a third on 29 minutes after returning to the club on a permanent basis.

Gainsborough Trinity had to be content with a point from a 1-1 Northolme draw against in-form Solihull Moors, who are now unbeaten in twelve.

The crowd of 515 had to wait until 9 minutes from time for Dominic Roma to break the deadlock by putting the hosts in front, only for an own goal from Luke Waterfall to rescue Moors in stoppage time.

Altrincham lifted themselves into the play-off places for the first time this season with a 3-0 win against ten-man Harrogate Town.

For the second time in a week at Moss Lane, the opposition had its goalkeeper sent-off in the first half.

The Robins were already ahead, thanks to a 31st minute goal which Simon Richman converted from close range following Jake Moult’s low cross.

Town keeper Craig MacGillivray had made several decent saves before he was sent-off 5 minutes before half-time when he tripped Reeves as he poked the ball beyond him.

With no keeper on the bench a lengthy debate led to Adam Nowakowski donning the gloves and he duly saved Matt Doughty’s penalty.

Carl Rodgers’ header from the back post made it 2-0 after 48 minutes and then Damian Reeves’ low drive made it 3-0 after 73 minutes before Danny Forrest saw his penalty, awarded against Gianluca Havern, saved by Stuart Coburn 8 minutes from time.

Worcester City are level on points with Altrincham after winning 3-0 at struggling Colwyn Bay.

On-loan pair Kyle Patterson and Graham Hutchinson gave City a 2-0 lead with goals in the 38th and 83rd minutes, with Michael Taylor adding a third 3 minutes from time.

Oxford City`s play-off hopes took a knock when they were held to a 1-1 draw at Court Place Farm by Vauxhall Motors, whose Andy Nicholas gave them the boost of a 2nd minute lead.

City had Declan Benjamin sent-off, but Felipe Barcelos equalised on 15 minutes.

Corby Town and Histon shared a goalless draw at Steel Park.

Somehow the first half was goalless despite the Stutes creating numerous chances, some of which really should have been buried.

Lewis Taaffe fired wide, Jay Dowie blazed over and Jim Stevenson had three efforts on goal, the best of which was a header straight at the goalkeeper.

The Stutes breathed a sigh of relief in the second half when Calum Kitscha saved from Ryan Semple following a rare mistake by Remy Clerima, while Josh Moreman had a goal ruled out for offside.

Histon continued to attack with purpose and Grant Roberts hit the post, while Taaffe was not far away with a free-kick.

Boston United were pegged back deep into stoppage time as they were forced to settle for a share of the spoils at Workington.

The Reds’ Kyle May headed home 3 minutes into added time with United unable to hold on for their sixth successive league win at Borough Park.

Marc Newsham had struck his twenty-second goal of the campaign 4 minutes after half-time to seemingly hand the Pilgrims all three points.

Still no joy for basement outfit Hinckley United, beaten 3-0 at the Greene King Stadium by Stalybridge Celtic, whose goals came from Mitchell Austin after 13 minutes, Jack Laird a minute before half-time and Joel Bembo-Leta on 82 minutes – 4 minutes after coming off the bench.


About Author

Comments are closed.