Pitchero ad

Promoted Trio All Win

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

In contrast to its sister division, the newly-promoted clubs in the Skrill North enjoyed a splendid start to the new season.

Hednesford Town take pride of place after hammering Stalybridge Celtic 4-0 on their own Bower Fold patch.

Francino Francis gave the Pitmen a 13th minute lead that Elliott Durrell added to from the penalty spot 4 minutes after half-time.

And Durrell, who only agreed a new deal to stay with Hednesford in the last week or so, went on to complete his hat-trick with goals in the 64th and 76th minutes.

Leamington sealed a 2-0 success at the New Windmill against Bradford Park Avenue.

The Brakes went ahead from the spot, converted by Matt Dodd after 16 minutes.

And just 3 minutes later former Aston Villa striker Stefan Moore grabbed a second which proved to be enough for Paul Holleran`s new boys.

North Ferriby United made it a triple success for the promoted teams when they beat Gloucester City 3-1 at Church Road.

Zach Clark gave the Humbersiders the boost of an early 6th minute lead that Scott Wilson cancelled out 6 minutes later.

Nathan Jarman restored the hosts` advantage on 26 minutes and then Danny Hone added a third right on half-time – and that proved to be enough.

Boston United kicked off the new campaign with a terrific 4-1 away victory over Stockport County at Edgeley Park in front of an excellent crowd of 3,317.

Scott Garner after 7 minutes, Marc Newsham on 55, Spencer Weir-Daley 2 minutes later and Ricky Miller on 65 minutes scored the crucial goals as the Pilgrims served up a superb opening day show.

Kristian Dennis had levelled things up from the penalty spot during the first half but once United, who had Charley Sanders sent-off late on, regained the advantage there was only going to be one winner.

AFC Telford United also got their season off to a winning start against Workington at the New Bucks Head with goals from Neil Byrne after 7 minutes and Tony Gray on 52 giving the bucks full points.

But they were made to work hard for the three points after the visitors pegged them back in the 53rd minute through Connor Tinnion.

Brackley Town, play-off losers last season, started well with a 1-0 win at relegated Barrow AFC.

Izak Reid`s 64th minute effort eventually proved enough for Jon Brady`s side at Holker Street.

Worcester City`s first game at Aggborough against Altrincham attracted a decent crowd of 714, but saw the `home` side beaten 3-1, despite taking a 27th minute lead through Danny Glover.

Damien Reeves eventually pulled Alty level on 63 minutes and then Kyle Perry put the visitors ahead 11 minutes later, with Carl Rodgers making sure 2 minutes from time with a third.

Guiseley AFC, who enjoyed such a good 2012/13 season before falling at the play-off stage, were well beaten at home by Solihull Moors.

Jordan Gough gave the visitors an early 4th minute lead and Omar Bogle doubled that a minute before half-time.

Bogle added his second and Solihull`s third from the spot 9 minutes after the break.

Harrogate Town were also away winners, 2-1 at Court Place Farm against Oxford City.

The Yorkshire side took a 2-0 lead through Ashley Worsfold`s quickfire brace in the 26th and 30th minutes.

Darren Pond pulled one back for City just before half-time, but Harrogate held firm for the opening day spoils.

Vauxhall Motors recorded three home points by beating Gainsborough Trinity by the same scoreline at Rivacre Park.

Motors led 2-0 at the break, thanks to goals from Lloyd Ellams after 34 minutes and Karl Noon 8 minutes later.

Liam Davis reduced the deficit with 11 minutes to go, but the home side held on.

Histon were also home winners against Colwyn Bay.

But it was the Welsh visitors who broke the deadlock just before the hour-mark through Steve Connor.

Just 3 minutes later Omar Beckles equalised and 4 minutes afterwards Lewis Taaffe gave the Stutes the lead, with Kaine Sheppard`s 88th minute penalty being icing on the cake.


About Author

Comments are closed.