Pitchero ad

Tanners Take Top Spot

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Leatherhead climbed to top spot in the Ryman League Division One South table after handing out a 5-1 drubbing to….

….Tooting & Mitcham United on Saturday.

Fans at Fetcham Grove saw the Tanners leapfrog Crawley Down Gatwick and Hastings United after both the early season pace-setters lost on Saturday.

The Terrors had opened the scoring through Aaron Dalhouse after 25 minutes but that was as good as it got with Tom Parkinson equalising on the stroke of half time. Tom Bradbrook scored twice in the 69th and 77th minutes before Kev Terry added a fourth 2 minutes later. To cap a fine win, Mohamed Eisa fired home a 30 yard fifth in the final minute.

Crawley Down Gatwick went down 2-1 to lose for the first time this season, the Anvils’ reverse coming at home to sixth place Walton & Hersham. The honours were even at half-time, Liam Wright levelling for the home side after Will Turl had given the visitors a 23rd minute lead. Despite being reduced to 10 men after the break, Andy Lomas grabbed the winner with less than a quarter of an hour to go.

Hastings also saw their unbeaten start to the season end when they fell to defeat at Faversham who are up to fifth after the 2-0 home win. The Lilywhites were already unhappy to see two Town players escape red cards and were even less impressed when thet conceded a 54th minute penalty that was converted by Wayne Wilson. Danny Hockton finally wrapped up the result in the dying seconds to kill off United’s quest to remain unbeaten.

At Horsham, two goals from Gabriel Odunaike on 33 and 40 minutes looked to have given the Hornets a platform for victory over second from bottom Chipstead after the double cancelled out Danny Moody’s opener on 24 minutes. Moody helped the visitors level things up at 2-2 on 58 minutes when his pass was converted by Tyrone Pink.

Rock-bottom Eastbourne Town earned their second point of the campaign with a dramatic late equaliser at Three Bridges, Andrew Mensah scoring in the 90th minute after Abu Touray had put the home side ahead in the very first minute.

Struggling Sittingbourne recorded their second win of the campaign with a 3-0 victory over Worthing. Joe Taylor put Bourne ahead after 21 minutes, Ryan Golding converted from the penalty spot on the hour mark and Hicham Akhazzan added a third with 13 minutes to go to complete a comprehensive home victory.

Third-from-bottom Folkestone Invicta saw their hopes of taking at least a point at home to Peacehaven and Telscombe disappear three minutes from time when Tom Burton grabbed the winner for the visitors. Brotherton had put the visitors ahead as early as the second minute before Stuart King equalised five minutes later. Josh Jones restored Peacehaven’s lead on 12 minutes but Chris Elliott’s second equaliser for his side before the break proved in vain with Burton’s late strike still to come.

Walton Casuals and Redhill shared the same scoreline but it was the home side who came out on top to cement their place in the top half of the table. Casuals were two up at the break through Bobby Traynor and Jamil Okai. They added a third from Malachi Hudson five minutes after the break but didn’t have it all their own way. First, Rob Hill pulled one back for the visitors on 73 minutes and then Jeffrey Addo-Dankwo had home fans checking their watches when he grabbed a second in the final minute.

Ramsgate can thank their keeper Daren Hawkes for ensuring Corinthian Casuals didn’t leave Kent with more than a point after the sides drew 1-1. Jamie Byatt finally beat the keeper who’d pulled off a string of top saves in the 64th minute before Ollie Schulz rescued a point five minutes later.

Hythe, who are yet to win at home, continued their fine away form with a third victory on the road at Merstham. Shaun Welford on 20 minutes and an own goal from David Graves three minutes after the restart, did the damage.

And Ryman South new boys Guernsey finally secured their first home win of the season, beating Whitstable Town 2-1 in the Channel Islands to get off the mark. Ross Allen got the home side going with a 16th minute goal that was doubled by Matt Loaring three minutes before the break. Despite grabbing a goal back through Charlie Smith on the stroke of half time, the visitors couldn’t find a way past a Guernsey side determined to send the vast majority of the Ryman’s biggest crowd of the day, 1025, home happy.
In Saturday’s final fixture Herne Bay climbed above a Burgess Hill Town after a recording a 3-1 home win. But they had to come from behind after Neil Watts had given the visitors the advantage on 65 minutes, Danny Walder from the spot six minutes later, Kane Phillip on 74 minutes and Jordan Casey with seven minutes to go, completing the turnaround.


About Author

Comments are closed.