Pitchero ad

Midweek Buildbase FA Vase First Round Review….

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There were several replays and games postponed from last weekend played in the Buildbase FA Vase First Round this week.

In front of a crowd of 261, Hallmark Security League Premier Division side Runcorn Linnets won their replay against Ebac Northern League First Division Team Northumbria.

Kristian Holt gave the Linnets a 26th minute lead that Mark Houghton doubled in the 39th minute.

A penalty immediately afterwards converted by Dan O`Brien took the home side into the break with a 3-0 lead.

Comfortable leads at half-time can sometimes be dangerous, and Linnets were almost pegged back as the Students replied through Robbie Spence on the hour-mark and then Angelia Eleftheardis 7 minutes from time.

ChromaSport & Trophies United Counties League Premier Division side Cogenhoe United went through in their replay at Compton Park against Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division outfit London Colney.

It was a rather tighter affair after last Saturday’s 4-4 draw in Hertfordshire, and the only goal of the replay came in the 21st minute when Ryan Ansell took a touch 25 yards out before placing his shot beyond the visitors` keeper Jack Medcalf`s reach and into the far corner.

London Colney`s neighbours and league rivals Colney Heath fared no better, bowing out 1-0 at home to Essex Senior League side Hullbridge Sports.

Sam Dulieu`s goal in the 21st minute proved decisive in the end.

Cogenhoe`s United Counties League rivals Leicester Nirvana also got through at the second attempt, beating Midland League Premier Division outfit AFC Wulfunians 4-1.

Jordan Nelson bagged a brace for the hosts, with Shaquille Master and Celson Patrocinio adding the others.

Southern Counties East League side Erith & Belvedere bowed out 3-2 at Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Leaguers Horley Town in a game which came alive in the dying stages.

The Deres took the lead through to a Owen Price 83rd minute penalty conversion and it looked as though it was job done.

Karl Parker scored the first of what would turn out to be a hat-trick in the 90th minute to force extra-time.

Parker doubled his and the home side`s tally 4 minutes into the extra period but Chris McGinty levelled midway through the second extra-time.

Parker completed his hat-trick with 5 minutes left to play

Horndean triumphed in the game held over from Saturday`s postponed tie at Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) Premier rivals Portland United.

Portland created plenty of chances but found themselves thwarted by Deans’ goalkeeper Tom Price, who saved a first-minute Alex Halloran penalty.

And Deans won it with 10 minutes to go when Jack Maloney’s cross-cum-shot found the back of the net.

The all-Thurlow Nunn League replay saw hosts Debenham LC lose 2-0 to Thetford Town.

Two goals in a minute midway through the first half from Sam Bond and Max Melanson sealed the visitors` passage.

On Wednesday night, Ebac Northern League First Division club Marske United won their much-delayed First Round tie by 3-2 at Hallmark Security League Premier Division side Darwen.

Darwen had a man sent-off in the opening minutes for a foul on Chay Liddle, and even though Marske had all the pressure and the chances they couldn’t break through.

Darwen stunned Marske by taking the lead just after half time, but Marske levelled through Craig Gott from the penalty spot.

Darwen went back in front with a long-range effort, but Danny Earl set up James Fairley to equalise on 76 minutes. Fairley then dribbled through and scored the winner.

Another game postponed from last weekend produced an `upset` as West Midlands (Regional) League side Wolverhampton Sporting knocked out Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division visitors Staveley Miners Welfare.

The hosts led at the break, thanks to a 32nd minute Tom Hill effort.

However, Staveley turned that round to lead 2-1 with goals from Adam Baskerville after 57 minutes and Adam Lee 5 minutes later.

But Wolves weren`t to be denied and Mitch Clark levelled in the 80th minutes and a Rion Francis-Mills penalty gave them an 87th minute lead that Dimitri Dunkley added to in stoppage time to make the final score 4-2.


About Author

Comments are closed.