Pitchero ad

Tuesday`s Buildbase FA Vase Round-Up…..

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

There were several ties in the Buildbase FA Vase Second Round on Tuesday night – five matches postponed from last weekend and two replays.

Ebac Northern League side Tow Law Town’s hopes of a good run were dashed when they were beaten 5-1 in their rearranged game at Hallmark Security League Premier Division side 1874 Northwich.

The game was postponed on Saturday because of a waterlogged pitch, and it was Northwich who took the lead on a good surface after 37 minutes through Scott McGowan when he finished off a counter attack by lobbing Tow Law keeper Tommy Orton, but Lawyers’ striker Dean Thexton missed a good chance when he was put clear and fired wide.

The home side went 2-0 up 5 minutes after half-time with an effort by Adam Whitlock following a good move.

Jake Parker fired the third into the top corner, and even though Lewis Teasdale pulled a goal back on 70 minutes, Northwich went 4-1 up on 71 minutes through McGowan from a rebound.

Kazim Waite-Jackson finished it off from a free-kick in stoppage time.

Southern Counties East League Premier side Sevenoaks Town went through in their delayed Second Round tie at Southern Combination Leaguers Haywards Heath 2-1.

The Oaks took the lead through Robert Jones on 28 minutes but 3 minutes into the second half, Heath levelled.

Tom Youngs scored the decider in the 54th minute.

Goals from Scott Jones, Dan Hegarty and Josh Clack helped ease another Southern Combination League outfit, Chichester City, into the next round against Sevenoaks` league rivals and former finalists Deal Town after the match was postponed at the weekend due to a waterlogged pitch.

Goals from Hisham Kasimu and Silva Obeng saw Sydenhams Football League (Wessex) side Team Solent through 2-0 at home to South West Peninsula League Premier Division side Tavistock AFC.

Team Solent`s league rivals Horndean also went through after winning by the odd goal in five at home to Uhlsport Hlelenic Leaguers Royal Wootton Bassett Town, who were down to nine-men after just 36 minutes after red cards for Chris Jackson and Sam Collier shortly after Antonio Gerrish had given them the lead.

Ash Howes and Josh Maloney made it 2-1 to the hosts before the nine-men equalised through Lewis Waldon.

But their brave effort came to nothing as Maloney grabbed his second to win it for Deans.

In their replay, Northern League Sunderland RCA lost to a last-minute goal at home to ten-man NWCL outfit Runcorn Linnets after they had taken a half-time lead through Ross Preston.
Danny O`Brien`s 52nd minute penalty pulled Linnets back on level terms and Mark Houghton won it for the visitors in stoppage time.

Midland League Premier Division club Rugby Town were knocked out in their replay at Butlin Road after a disappointing defeat to West Midlands (Regional) League leaders Wolverhampton Sporting.

Goals from Delaney and Dimitri Dunkley saw Sporting through.


About Author

Comments are closed.