Pitchero ad

East Midlands Counties League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Saturday’s games in the East Midlands Counties League saw another big shift amongst the top five from where the eventual champions look destined to come from.

TEVERSAL were engaged in another top-of-the-table clash this time at Lenton Lane away to DUNKIRK.

It was even-steven until the 59th minute when Tim Berridge put the Boatmen in front from the penalty spot.

Aaron Pride levelled 7 minutes later and it looked like the points were going to be shared in which case Tevie’s six-point lead at the top would remain. Then, 3 minutes into stoppage time Adam Burton popped up with a winner for the Boatmen to reduce the game to three points and two games in hand.

And so, it was down to ANSTEY NOMADS who faced a difficult trip to in-form RADFORD.

Two goals inside 2 minutes in the last 10 minutes of the first half from Jack Lane and Mason Brown proved to be the deciding factor.

Conor Moore managed to make it a nervy last few minutes for the Nomads with an 89th minute goal but it proved to be a mere consolation leaving them four points behind Tevie but with four games in hand.

And SELSTON stayed in the race with a 2-0 win at GEDLING MINERS WELFARE, thanks to a second minute strike from Carl Moore and a 38th minute second from Dominic Airey.

Which one then of Teversal, Dunkirk, Anstey and Selston will be able to hold their nerve in the hectic finish to the season?

But don’t rule out KIMBERLEY MINERS WELFARE if any of the big four were to suddenly suffer from stage fright.

The Stags moved up to fourth with an odd goal of three win away to BIRSTALL UNITED, thanks to a goal in each half from Jordan Alls.

Charlie Young equalised the first goal but Alls’ 70th minute second proved to be the winner.

Joy at last for BORROWASH VICTORIA. After going such a long time without a goal and a win their endeavours finally paid off after switching their game to WEST BRIDGFORD when their own ground failed a mid-morning inspection.

Jack Collier put them ahead just before the break only for Ross Haig to level things up 10 minutes from the end. But Lewis Danvers stroked home the Vics winner 7 minutes into stoppage time to start welcome celebrations.

And another team gaining their first point for some time was ARNOLD TOWN who went into the lead through Craig Binch’s 2nd minute goal.

Tom Rushby levelled things up on 54 minutes for visitors BELPER UNITED to ensure that the points were shared.

AYLESTONE PARK completed a 3-0 win over rock bottom RADCLIFFE OLYMPIC, thanks to goals from Joel Earps, a Cameron Laywood penalty and a 71st minute strike from Goncarlos Santos.

HOLWELL SPORTS put fears of a bottom two placing behind them with a 2-0 home victory over HOLBROOK SPORTS.

David Hazelding had put them ahead as early as the 2nd minute, and Michael Stevenson completed the scoring ten minutes into the second half.

Another team to surrender ground advantage was STAPENHILL, who transferred their game to CLIFTON ALL WHITES when their ground failed an inspection.

Two second half goals from Corbi Brown and Jevin Seaton completed victory for the Whites in this game between two mid-table sides.

Stan Wilton


About Author

Comments are closed.