Pitchero ad

Southern Counties East League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Sevenoaks Town won the Southern Counties East League Premier Division title with a hard-fought 2-1 victory at Oakwood against Erith Town.

Frankie Sawyer side-footed the visitors in to the lead on 24 minutes but Harrison Hume equalised just before the break.

On the hour-mark a Kenny Pogue header was adjudged to have just crossed the line and that ended up being enough to give the Oaks those three vital points that would clinch them the title.

Only a win would do for Whitstable Town, but Cray Valley had other ideas and it was the hosts that came from behind to snatch a 2-1 win at Badgers.

Chris Saunders fired the visitors into the lead in the 40th minute but shortly after Kevin Lisbie had equalled the game.

With the match approaching the nervy late stages Ryan Flack popped up to smash the ball home and end the dreams of the Oystermen.

Cray Valley have finished their campaign in sixth place and can now focus on their London FA Senior Cup final.

Whitstable end the season in second place and will take their place in the Bostik South next season.

Beckenham Town finish their season in fourth place which compared to last year is a considerable improvement.

Saturday, they had to come from behind to win the game at home to Hollands & Blair as James McDonald gave the visitors a 33rd minute lead.

Soon after Richard Atkins hit goal number 31 for him to win the `golden boot` but also put his side on a level footing.

Marvin Alebiosu then got the winner for the hosts in the 78th minute to end their home campaign on a high.

Chatham Town beat Bearsted 1-0 – Joe Nwoko got the only goal of the game 15 minutes from the end of this one as Chatham will finish in sixteenth place.

After two wins in a row, Bearsted had entered the game full of confidence yet could not get the job done and finish their campaign in fourteenth position.

Deal Town ended their season in style with a convincing win over AFC Croydon.

Sam Wilson, Joe Reeves and Kane Smith got the goals for the Hoops who will finish in seventh if Whitstable avoid defeat at Lordswood on Monday.

Glebe beat Canterbury City 3-0 – Glebe made it two wins in three days to finish a creditable twelfth place – the highest in this young club`s short history.

The scorers on the day for the hosts were Fred Obasa, Luke Miller and Sam Edwards.

Lordswood won 1-0 against Corinthian where a late own goal was enough to claim the points for the hosts as the sides switched places in the table.

Rochester United lost 4-2 at home to Crowborough Athletic – Rochester ending their season without on a run of fifteen games without a win to finish 13 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

To give them credit though they did make a fight of it here put were set a tough challenge when Dan Perry put the visitors two-up in the first half-hour.

Merrick Simms pulled one back in the early stages of the second half before Tom Phipp extended the advantage once more on 67 minutes.

Shingtrai Chirtsen gave gave the game an exciting last 5 minutes but when Zac Attwood made it 4-2 the game was done.

Croydon ran out comfortable 7-2 winners as Rusthall collapsed to a heavy defeat and a bottom two finish.

Ashley-Paul Robinson, Lauris Chin and Raekwan Bailey-Allen were among the goalscrorers for the visitors who now end the season in 5th place.

Sheppey United lost 2-1 at home to Tunbridge Wells – Dan Bradshaw scored early to give Sheppey the edge in this game between the two best supported sides in the division.

It was the visitors that came out on top though as goals from Perry Spackman and Ollie Cook, in the last minute, saw the Wells end their campaign on a high and set them up nicely for a cup final appearance next week.


About Author

Comments are closed.