Pitchero ad

United Counties League Round-Up

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Leicester Nirvana kept hold of top spot in the ChromaSport & Trophies United Counties League Premier Division, courtesy of a close 2-1 home win over Boston Town on Saturday.

Jahdatin Harper gave the home side the lead after 14 minutes, but Boston levelled from the penalty spot on 64 minutes through Danny Maddison.

Parity lasted a mere 4 minutes though as James Bessey-Saldana stepped up with what proved to be the winner.

Newport Pagnell Town remain hot on the leaders heels after a convincing 4-0 victory over St Andrews at Willen Road.

Luke Emery was the match-winner for The Swans as he bagged a hat-trick and set up the other goal.

Emery gave Pagnell the lead on 14 minutes, side-stepping the keeper to score from close range.

He grabbed his second 9 minutes into the second half when his low drive beat the keeper and went in off the far post.

He then became supplier as he beat three players on a mazy run before setting up Fazel Koriya for a tap-in three minutes later.

Emery put the icing on the cake with his third of the day on 73 minutes when he rose to powerfully head home a pin-point Ollie Wilkinson cross.

Daventry Town completed the double over Eynesbury Rovers by beating them 2-0 on their own patch.

Jake Bettles gave Daventry the lead on 64 minutes and Adam Creaney wrapped the points with a cracker 8 minutes from time as he curled a shot across the box and into the far corner.

Desborough Town were the biggest winners of the day, thrashing Sileby Rangers 8-0 at The Waterworks Field.

There were hat-tricks for John Dean and Liam Boath for the home side as Sileby conceded eight for the second time this season.

Dan White turned a cross in from close range to give the home side the lead after just 6 minutes.

Boath got his first when his cross drifted over the keeper on 16 minutes and Dean made it three after 40 minutes.

Boath added a fourth in first half injury-time after a quick throw-in had caught Sileby out.

They continued at pace after the break and Dean lobbed the keeper on 48 minutes for his second of the match.

Dean was the first player to reach his hat-trick when he picked himself up after a foul to net the penalty himself on the hour-mark.

Boath joined him 9 minutes from time when he stooped to score with a low header and Liam McInally joined in with the eighth 4 minutes from time.

Sleaford Town dragged themselves off the bottom with only their second point of the season.

They had to keep coming from behind to earn it though as Whitworth played their part in an entertaining 3-3 draw.

Michael Hayden was yet another hat-trick hero with all three goals for the Greens, scoring after 29, 41 (pen) and 60 minutes.

Deeping Rangers were made to battle for their win at now bottom ON Chenecks, winning only with a 91st minute goal from Scott Mooney.

Wellingborough Town took the lead at home to Wisbech Town when Jack Wisniewski drilled home a low shot on 39 minutes, but Wisbech were back level 2 minutes later when Josh Ford lobbed the ball home from range after the Doughboys keeper had come out of his area to head away.

Billy Smith gave The Fenman the lead for the first time with a header and Ford wrapped things up with his second late on with a well taken finish, curling a shot into the top corner.

Holbeach Town kept their momentum going with a solid 4-0 Carters Park victory over Kirby Muxloe.

Lewis Leckie was yet another hat-trick man (7, 83 and 86 minutes) with Mitch Griffiths (60) the Tigers other scorer.

Cogenhoe United’s poor run continued as Harborough Town ran out 3-1 winners at Compton Park.

Aaron Preston back gave The Bees the lead after only a minute, but Montel Dore headed the Cooks level on 4 minutes.

A second from Greg Usher, touching a miss-hit free-kick in to put the visitors back in front just before the break and a fantastic breakaway goal finished by Tony Bartlett on 66 wrapped up the points.

Peterborough Northern Star had a stoppage time goal from James Hill-Seeking to thank for their point at home to Rothwell Corinthians, cancelling out Jordan Henson’s 70th minute strike.

In the United Counties League Cup first round on Saturday, Buckingham Town from Division One entertained Premier Division strugglers Oadby Town at the M.K Irish Centre and it was the Bletchley-based team that progressed, courtesy of a 1-0 win.

The Robins have a home draw against Holbeach United as their reward in the second round.

(Paul Jackson)


About Author

Comments are closed.